The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
In this role, the Structural Bridge Engineer will work with the team by performing the routine aspects of bridge/structural engineering assignments. The Structural Bridge Engineer will design various bridge types, as well as miscellaneous transportation structures, and develop related plans and specifications, all under the supervision of a Senior Engineer.
Day-to day tasks will include:
- Load rating existing bridges and culverts.
- Planning and designing bridges, retaining walls, foundations, and other structures.
- Working as part of a team of professionals on multiple projects.
- Developing preliminary and detailed construction cost estimates.
- Providing cost related input during the selection of bridge and other structural systems.
- Assisting with feasibility studies and analysis of complex structures.
- Researching code issues and working with City, County, and State officials.
- Working collaboratively with the CAD technician team.
- Attending design review meetings and interacting with clients as experience progresses.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Working knowledge of MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Ability to identify and solve design and construction challenges
- Masters of Science in Civil Engineering
- Proficient knowledge of structural design/analyses programs
- General understanding of geotechnical engineering evaluations
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.