We are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to complete our team and assist with the unique projects and clientele primarily located in the hillsides of the City of LA and LA County.
LC Engineering Group, Inc. is now in it's fourth decade of service, completing over 14,000 projects since it's inception in 1980. With a talented team of 38 professionals, LC Engineering Group, Inc. is unique as it is a full service consulting engineering firm providing civil, structural and geotechnical services via CalWest Geotechnical, a division of LC Engineering Group, Inc., employing structural engineers, civil engineers, CAD designers and a cutting edge administrative group.
Our civil engineering department provides services ranging from single family residences to complex hillside residences, commercial centers to municipal and infrastructure projects. The civil engineering department works in concert with all the divisions of LC Engineering Group. Utilizing specially designed computer program, we collate and analyze the data necessary to create plans for all facets of civil engineering design. Among the services provided by our civil engineering division are Tract Maps, Parcel Maps, Lot Line Adjustments, private and public works improvement plans, grading plans, SQUIMP, SUSMP, SWPCP/WWECP, SWPPP, State NOI Reports and full service Hydrology/Hydraulic Analysis. No project is too big or too small for our design professionals.
Position Summary: Organize and execute a broad range of project assignments requiring an extensive knowledge of civil engineering practices. Provide technical design, oversight and coordination for civil engineering related functions using current techniques, theories, precepts and practices of civil engineering.
- Minimum 10+ years experience designing/engineering civil Construction Documents for permits and construction, including: Grading & Drainage Plans, Public Works Plan and Profiles (street, sewer, water, storm drain), Erosion Control Plans, LID Plans, etc.
- Plans, develops, and carries out the technical requirements of civil design projects. Design and prepare: Grading & drainage plans, Earthwork calculations using digital terrain models, Slope band maps and analysis using digital terrain models, Public improvement plans including street, sewer, water and storm drain plans, Hydraulic calculations associated with water plans, LID Plans, calculations, and LID document packages, Hydrology reports & calculations, Water surface calculations utilizing HEC-RAS and WSPG, Detention basin and debris basin design and hydraulic routing, WQMP documents (City of Malibu), Calculations and reports for SQUIMP/SUSMP, FEMA documents including LOMA’s and CLOMR’s, Erosion Control Plans, State SWPPP, Client and Agency correspondence, including telecons and formal email letters, CADD drafting of all above plans, exhibits and maps
- Experienced/proficient in the operation of AutoCAD Civil 3D and production of civil engineering design drawings including complex grading and drainage plans and earthwork analysis
- For assigned projects, prepares project work plan, sets the schedule in coordination with DM, monitors the budget, executes the project and schedules job review progress
- Works independently to solve technical problems within the initial scope of the work. Recognize change in scope and draft W.O. for DM review for projects requiring work outside original contract and/or if unanticipated problems develop as work progresses
- Participates in a job completion review to critique both the positive and negative aspects of the project
- Coordinates with DM and assists the work of associate engineers, designers and CAD drafters. Review plans, reports, calculations and packages prepared by Civil Staff for assigned projects
- Review Geology/Geotechnical Reports, title reports, surveys, architectural plans, and other Consultant plans and reports to determine suitability for improvements, and any conditions/restrictions/prohibitions that may affect civil design
- Coordinate and correspond with Client, other project Consultants and reviewing Agencies on design and other aspects of project
- Provides quality assurance plan review for completeness of drawings
- Keeps abreast of new methods and developments affecting civil engineering design and drafting including associated computer technologies, design and construction methodologies, agency codes and requirements, and product/manufacturer developments
- Provide Construction Administration services during construction, including site meetings and observations, responding to RFI’s, submittals, and as builts
- Project Engineer holds Professional Engineering license and maintains in good standing
Job Type: Full-time
- designing/engineering civil Construction: 10 years (Required)
- Thousand Oaks, CA (Preferred)