ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
Applications Engineering – Creating Tomorrow’s Value :
We pro-actively enable business development and drive customer adoption of a tailored portfolio of sustainable ASML solutions by applying our industry product and process knowledge in a collaborative learning environment.
You are responsible for providing solutions to lithography applications problems related to the optimization of the ASML scanner and its applications performance enhancement options. You will use personally accumulated knowledge supported by a worldwide applications & ASML headquarters’ network, combined with analytical skills to analyze and identify opportunities for ASML scanner optimizations towards improving customer’s on-product performance. Driven by a determination to never give up, you’ll troubleshoot lithography issues potentially related to ASMLs product portfolio. You will do this in close collaboration with the customer, and often connected to the introduction of a new technology node for high volume manufacturing. Your scope exceeds the overlay and imaging/focus performance of ASML’s lithographic equipment, masks, (integrated-) metrology, and the choices that are made by the customer on process set-up and control. Your proposals for application product improvement can cover a wide variety of solutions concerning process fingerprint root cause analysis, scanner set-up and usage, choices in process control strategies, metrology mark choice and design as well optimization.
You are expected to grow into a role where you are able to represent ASML as a technical expert in the field and get recognition of this by the customer. Since you will be working intimately with customers and sensitive customer data, a high level of integrity is required for securing confidentiality, while at the same time being able to translate customer issues into problem statements for ASML.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
As Applications engineer your primary role will be helping our local and global customer maximize the benefit of our product with respect to output and quality. You will be also applying customer specific product solutions and participate in a number of improvement projects.
An essential part of this job will be
- Structured problem solving with extensive data analysis and potentially building small scripts to do so efficiently
- Frequent communication and engagement with our internal and external customer
- Preparation of technical presentations to provide management support and assists sales in technical presentations
- Technical documentation and providing training on procedures, processes and best known methods
- Participate and lead projects which are aimed at supporting our customer transition to a new technology node or ramp up a specific technology node.
- Define and drive customer requirements for existing or evaluation products based on technical intimacy with the customer
BS, MSc in Physics, Optics, Electronics, Micro-electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering or IC manufacturing or equivalent experience.
Professional with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an IC manufacturing environment with a strong emphasis on lithography, metrology, or the application of imaging and overlay solutions in semiconductor production processes.
- find innovative alternatives when established practices don’t work.
- know your responsibilities and be empowered to make decisions.
- own your issues and challenges and deliver timely results.
Quality of Communications:
- respect and value all your team members.
- share relevant information with your partners via open dialogue.
- align your community and stakeholders towards the target goals and priorities.
- tailor your message and delivery appropriate for the audience.
- clear on your message and mutual expectations.
- believe in quality over quantity.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability