Senior Labor Engineer/Industrial Engineer
Right on pace with Target’s distinctive retail brand, Target Store Operations is continuing to transform the way it operates. Here, your work directly supports the store mission to be the guest favorite through successfully developing and communicating the processes for operations, style and experience, new structures, new operating models and new technology, and utilizing workforce management activities for our 1,800 locations nationwide. Store Operations manages and enhances the informational resources for researching and resolving operational issues, while guiding and communicating with the field team and leaders who use them.
Are you a customer service enthusiast who can actively listen to many points of view and then visualize how they’ll perform when operationalized in a store? Are you happy to partner with leaders as well as field team members who are often the experts on how well a process is working? Can you creatively envision more efficient processes and how they’ll deliver a better experience for guests and team members? Do you possess the innovative mindset to question the status quo, and the confidence to work under varying degrees of ambiguity and well-informed experimentation? Then you’ll have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role with Process Operations means a big opportunity to leverage operational experience, process design and insights to create strategies that fuel processes like inventory replenishment, setting product, signing, pricing and backroom organization keeping stores in stock to drive guest engagement by ensuring they find what they are looking for (and more).
As a Senior Labor Engineer in Store Operations, you will:
- Be responsible for building and maintaining the Stores operational standards to ensure that Target is able to achieve various strategic outcomes
- Support designing, testing and implementing optimal process solutions in stores by applying engineered standards to identify the most desirable outcome
- Use engineered operational standards to forecast future workload, prioritize, sequence and manage the capacity of Stores teams
- Function as a stakeholder on cross-functional project teams to deliver key strategic initiatives.
- Identify areas for productivity and process improvement through analysis and modeling
- Participate in events to test and measure process improvements from implemented changes
- Form strong partnerships within the Labor Engineering team, Store Operations, HR and Stores Finance
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience in an operational environment; retail or supply chain experience preferred
- Experience leveraging data analysis techniques and tools to inform business decisions
- Ability to form relationships and influence partners and peers
- Comfortable in ambiguous and rapidly changing work environment
- Proven ability to support and implement large scale strategies
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.