Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, is seeking an enthusiastic Lexical Programmer to join its Wolfram|Alpha Lexical Development team. We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented individual with diverse interests who has strong critical thinking, problem solving, and language skills. As a Lexical Programmer, you will be able to work within a small team in a flexible, productive, and fast-paced environment, contributing to the development and support of Wolfram|Alpha’s natural language understanding and spoken responses for user queries across a wide range of interdisciplinary, knowledge domains.
- Fluency in written English (additional languages are a plus)
- Familiarity with and/or ability to assimilate technical jargon in diverse specialized knowledge areas
- Basic programming experience (Wolfram Language preferred) is highly desirable
- Experience with content versioning systems (CVS, Git) is highly desirable
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)