The System Engineer is a strategic technical position within Entre. This position is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of customer’s IT systems, coordinating complex projects, and implementing IT solutions. Your daily duties will be assisting the service desk, handling escalation tickets and working on multiple small to medium IT projects. If you have a passion for customer service, enjoy solving the tough technical problems, designing exceptional solutions and have an eye for the details, then we have the position for you!
Assists in the installation, maintenance, and general support of systems. Assists users with questions or problems. May help perform system backups and recovery and install new software. Typically requires a high school diploma. Typically reports to Supervisor or Manager. Can be located in Montana or remote in U.S. (work from home).
A02-Intermediate: Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Typically requires 5+ Years of related experience.
- 5+ years helpdesk/field-onsite technical support experience providing complete network to end point support services to small and medium sized businesses
- Demonstrated understanding of data integrity, standard backup practices, and associated hardware/software solutions. Experience with Veeam and Acronis backups preferred
- Windows Server (2008-2019) administration including spin-up, roll-out and management including but not limited to Active Directory, GPOs, Trusts, Print Servers, Application Servers, etc.
- Maintain virtual environments such as Hyper-V, VMware, Veeam & Azure
- Workstation operating systems e.g., MAC, Windows 7 and later
- Workstation productivity/operations application administration e.g., Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, etc.
- Network Security – Router/Firewall experience i.e. Cisco, Meraki, SonicWall, Sophos & Barracuda firewalls & wireless environments
- Cloud Environment management e.g., AWS, Azure, etc.
- Enterprise email systems e.g., Microsoft Exchange, Google Suite, etc.
- Office 365 deployment and security
- Telephone Skills/Etiquette
- Wireless Network Management
- Inquiry Research/Response
- Provide both reactive and proactive support of desktop, server, and network issues for our clients.
- Daily and accurate time entry accounting for at least 7.5 hours in the form of service ticket notes
- Monthly billing should be at least 80% or more of a typical month of about 160 hours available.
- Focused on lowering average response Time and resolution times
- Desire and enthusiasm for working primarily workstation tickets/issues daily, yet with the skill and experience to also troubleshoot and resolve Windows server, network switch and router tickets
- Provide a high level of customer service with a positive attitude at all times
- Work proactive and reactive issues (Client submitted or monitoring generated) remotely and onsite as needed within committed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Pay close attention to detail while performing technically detailed tasks
- Deals effectively with stressful situations focusing on the best outcome for the Client
- Experience in a professional and consultative approach to your interaction with our external customers (i.e., honest, trustworthy, objective, competent)
- Great communication skills—both verbal and written at a consulting level
- Has a willingness to recognize when it is necessary to ask for technical expertise from others without unnecessarily burdening other team members
- Articulate technical information clearly and simply to non-technical people
- Implement small projects to medium projects
- Assist project engineers on larger projects
- Assist in customer on and off boarding's
- Lead managed service offerings and cross train on other offerings as assigned
- Self-motivated and is self-directed with the ability to work with minimal direction
- Any other assigned duties
- Will be required to document time on an hourly basis as assigned work is completed
- Must be available for on call approximately one week every three months
- Must be available occasionally on nights and weekends to perform off-hour maintenance and projects
- Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and self-directed
- Managed Services Platform experience a plus
- Ability to create knowledge base articles and update customer documentation in IT Glue
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Must be willing to travel for client onsite visits, some overnight stays will be required
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Desktop Support: 5 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 5 years (Required)
- Windows Server support: 5 years (Required)
- Project Management (Preferred)
- Client Onboarding Management (Preferred)
- Firewall and Network Support: 5 years (Preferred)
- MSP (Managed Services Provider) Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Technical support in a production IT environment(s), preferably in multi-site environments: 5 years (Preferred)
- Mac, Kaseya, ConnectWise, Sophos, SonicWall, Barracuda, Unifi, experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call