Microwave Techniques, located in Gorham, ME and Nashua, NH, is not just another machine shop! We are skilled in the design and manufacturing of high-power RF components and provide technical solutions for our clients on a global scale. Our employees create and deliver state-of-the-art products that make a difference by positively impacting the healthcare and sustainability industries (just to name a couple!). These RF components, made from Aluminum, Copper and Stainless Steel, allow Scientists and Engineers to create cutting edge medical and radar systems, including extreme high power or ultra-high vacuum RF devices.
Join a leader in the RF industry with over 30 years of experience and recent growth. Our size offers employees the opportunity to engage in multiple aspects of our business – you can build your skills and career with Microwave Techniques!
Microwave Techniques is searching for an Electrical Engineer in our Nashua, NH location!
What will you do in this role?
- Understand the CE/CSA/UL standards by researching and reviewing online documents
- Review all designs, comparing to existing documents/designs to CE/CSA/UL standards, and identify and record discrepancies and update/resolve
- Create technical files for all equipment as required by CE
- Maintain an organized electronic technical file system for ease of use by others
- Work with existing designs to reduce cost and simplify assembly
- Design per customer specifications and follow up with customer if specifications require a change and ensure all components are selected properly
- Program, test, diagnose system prior to shipment to ensure customer satisfaction
- Respond to customers’ needs on system issues via phone, email, virtual meetings and onsite at the customers’ location
- Understand the scope and brevity of the issue, determine best options for resolution, and communicate this effectively to the customer including expectations
- Document all activity related to resolving the customer issue in a, including but not limited to scope of the issue, resolution, outcome, responsible party, and cost
What do you need to be successful?
- Entry level candidates – applicable internship and/or part time work experience preferred
- Junior level candidates – familiarity with CE standards is preferred, 2 years in an industrial machine manufacturer work environment
- Able to review standards and cross reference and compare to existing equipment
- Skilled in programming logic controllers & touch screens (Allen Bradley preferred)
- Strong customer service demeanor and approach
- A self-starter with initiative and a proactive, positive, and forward-thinking mindset
- Attention to detail
- Able to shift priorities without losing focus based upon the needs of the business
- Ability to spot issues, troubleshoot, and identify appropriate solutions
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
What can you expect from us?
- A comprehensive employee benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance, life, supplement life, short and long term disability insurance, AD&D critical illness and accident insurance
- 401K plan with an employer match
- Discretionary bonuses
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities
- An employee wellness program
- Training opportunities
- Employee recognition awards
- Employee lunches and parties
- Employee purchase program
- Safety shoe purchase program
The shift in Nashua, NH is Monday through Friday. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required and supplied by Microwave Techniques, including a safety shoe reimbursement program.
Microwave Techniques, located in the vibrant communities of Gorham, ME and Nashua, NH, offer robust areas rich with unique eateries, arts and culture venues, athletic organizations, and a great outdoors lifestyle. Whether you prefer the ocean, lakes, rivers, mountains, or all above, you will find a scenic environment to work and live.
Microwave Techniques is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nashua, NH 03060: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location