The Product Design Engineer will be responsible, as assigned, for matters related to product (firearm) design and development. This includes research and development, design, improvement, problem solving and failure analysis, testing, procedures, internal correspondence and documentation, supplier interface and communication during development, project management, project budgeting and product cost tracking.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for all matters related to the product (firearm) design and industrialization. This includes research and development, design, improvement, problem solving, testing, company procedures, internal correspondence, and documentation.
- Develop test plans, conduct product testing, and create detailed test reports.
- Design and evaluate new products and components.
- Generate CAD product drawing (two-dimensional drafting and three-dimensional solid designs).
- Forecast, propose and assess new technologies and materials
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with other projects as requested.
- Assist the Industrial Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Quality Engineers, Production Personnel, and Sales/Marketing team members with product-related projects, questions and problems.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work is performed in a professional group office, as well as at a test range environment.
- Requires the ability to physically and safely test, evaluate and maintain various firearms including pistols, rifles and shotguns (semiautomatic, bolt action, pump action, fully automatic) including extensive live fire testing.
- Requires the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Technical design knowledge of small arms design and manufacturing methods.
- Geometric tolerancing (ANSI Y14.5) and advanced drafting skills
- Mathematical skills. Background in FEM analysis preferred.
- Computer skills (PC and CAD). SolidWorks experience required.
- Knowledge of common manufacturing, machining, finishing, and assembly methods/processes.
- Knowledge of the most commonly used materials and related heat treatments in the field.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years mechanical experience required.
- CAD experience in two-dimensional drafting and 3D solid design (SolidWorks)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Mechanical Design: 3 years (Required)
- Are you a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off