Bobcat Company is a leading provider of compact equipment for global construction, rental, landscaping, agriculture, grounds maintenance, acreage management, government, utility, industrial and mining markets. We’re North Dakota’s largest manufacturer, with the most extensive compact equipment distribution network in the world!
We currently have an opportunity for a Lead Design Engineer on our MEX Sustaining team in Bismarck, ND! In this role, you will manage product development activities for a single product, technical specialty/product function or process achieving both the short and long term strategy to meet or exceed quality, functionality, voice of customer and competitive edge requirements.
The qualified candidate will have:
- Experience leading and developing engineering teams in the development of a single product, product function and/or product improvement/optimization effort.
- Experience with 3D Modeling.
- Clear understanding of the product development and validation processes and customer needs achieved through experience with one or more of the company's products, dealers and customers.
- Ability to build strong relationships with other functions of the organizations .
- Ability to develop & mentor engineers at various levels in their careers.
- Creative and visionary approach to projects with ability to influence innovation across multiple organizations and levels through technical aptitude and understanding of team's strengths.
- Strong capacity for leading change, dealing with ambiguity and providing creative solutions and influencing multi-discipline teams with data, scientific reasoning, and strong coaching skills.
- Basic project management methodologies and tools experience.
- Bachelors Degree – Mechanical or Ag Engineering
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Job Type: Full-time
- leading and developing teams: 1 year (Required)
- Design: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement