Title: Sewer/Sample Maker
Position: Part time
The Sewer/Sample Maker contributes to product innovation by sewing high-quality prototype, fit, and production samples for all Sunday Afternoons brands. The Sewer/Sample Maker contributes to innovation ideas and assists as needed with fit and function.
- Creates, refines, and executes samples while working with the Product Development team to ensure overall fit is consistent and aligned within the Brand.
- Supports Product Developers with prototypes and samples through commercialization.
- Ensures project priorities are followed and completed, as assigned by Product Developers.
- Supports team as needed around areas of fit, measurements, specs, construction, and other related tasks.
- Assists with repairs, small production runs, specific sewing and embellishment projects, etc.
- Organizes and tracks projects in shared tracking/scheduling tool and proactively communicates delays.
- Ensures project priorities and expectations are clear; completes projects in the order/sequence as assigned.
- Works cooperatively with Design team on sampling new innovations and creative ideas to support Brand innovation.
- Supports Product Developers as they pursue further sampling/fittings with factories on development.
- Organizes and maintains sewing room, requesting materials and supplies as needed.
- Adheres to assignments and calendars as directed by Design and Development teams.
- Assists in training other sewers as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Background:
- Minimum Experience: 5 years in sewing technical headwear, gear, and/or apparel. Specific experience in headwear desired.
- Knowledge of industry trends and design principles, technical design/fit, and materials.
- Experience with industrial sewing machines (Straight Stitch, Serger, Double Needle, Cylinder Arm).
- Fit/Construction/Design Knowledge: Technical sewing knowledge in areas of knit and woven constructions; experience in executing high-quality samples.
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate any delays in a timely manner.
- Attention to Detail: High level of attention to detail in sewing, finishing, and completing samples.
- Teamwork: Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to inspire others while building effective working relationships.
- Time Management: Ability to receive projects and process in a timely manner while understanding priority needs.
- Innovation: Demonstrates innovation and takes initiative in creative design solutions.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully while remaining open to new challenges and ideas.
- Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Fun, fast-paced, hardworking office environment
Apply in our office at 401 Crater Lake Ave. or online at www.gillmannservices.com. You can call us at 541-500-8844 ask for Mark.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Sewing: 2 years (Preferred)