The Paymaster or Payroll Coordinator processes payroll for our productions and to be the point of contact for the client in aspects of payroll processing. The Payroll Coordinator is expected to proficiently demonstrate payroll processing ability in all US related payrolls, union and non-union. And it is highly preferred for the applicant to have detailed knowledge of all IATSE locals in the Los Angeles Area, guilds and contracts.
- Assisting customers in setting up their project correctly.
- Setting up project payroll parameters, such as project specific OT, MP, and other parameters.
- Processing payroll, which includes importing timecards, and applying all applicable Federal, State, and other agreements Fringes.
- First point of contact for customer’s payroll, general app, tax-related issues, and problem-solving.
- Proficient knowledge of payroll taxes, federal, state, and local.
- Maintaining customers detailed profiles in Hubspot and proprietary softwares.
- Maintain the client relationship as it related to the weekly processing of the client’s payroll. This includes responding to questions and resolving payroll issues.
- Assisting our engineers in keeping our database, and app workflows up to date with Union specifications.
- Relational, looks forward to reconnecting with clients, has a good report.
- Excellent oral and written communication ability
- Knowledge in using an analytical approach to breaking payroll
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Extremely organized
- Flexibility, the ability to recognize and shift to the highest priority task.
- Understanding of film productions, the standards, the day to day work, the positions, and lingo.
- The ability to process payroll
- Self-motivated, must be able to work independently, goal oriented and people oriented
- Must have a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in the entertainment payroll industry.
- Schedule must be flexible to accommodate workload and client needs.
- Visionary, constantly looking for ways to improve workflows, making processes more efficient and enjoyable. Comfortable with technology, willing to give input on app features to better the process.
Special Work Conditions
- Comfortable and efficient working from home.
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $25.00 - $45.00 per hour
- Entertainment Payroll: 2 years (Required)
Hours per week:
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings