- Maintains engineering for HVAC, ductwork, piping, plumbing, boilers, and fire protection.
- Reviews assigned work orders and determines work priorities.
- Installs machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous operations.
- Inspects kitchen machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards; repairs refrigerator equipment as needed.
- Inspects, repairs, and adjusts HVAC equipment.
- Repairs, rods, cleans, adjusts, and removes plumbing fixtures, line vents, and/or drains as needed, to ensure proper operation and sanitation.
- Makes minor electrical repairs, including but not limited to repair and replacement of outlets, light fixtures, and equipment; fixes all property electronic equipment (except for slot machines and computers) by repairing minor damage to parts and wiring and replacing failed components.
- Adheres to departmental quality standards; follows all safety rules.
- Fabricates, repairs, and maintains mechanical devices, motors, and pumps; performs painting, carpentry, and upholstery work as required.
- Adheres to all regulatory, departmental, and company policies and procedures.
- Installs and maintains all tile, marble floor materials, carpet, and carpet tiles.
- Performs preventive maintenance to equipment on a scheduled basis.
- Assists with snow removal as directed.
- Responds to maintenance calls and provides courteous, timely, and expert service.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
To be successful in this position, it will require the following skill set:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and minimum four (4) years of facilities maintenance experience in hospitality or related field required; or Associate degree in related field and three (3) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must have thorough and in-depth knowledge of plumbing, electrical and electronic systems, mechanics, carpentry, painting, HVAC, welding, refrigeration, boilers, and chillers.
- Ability to use all equipment associated with the position, including by not limited to basic hand and power tools, lathe, arc welder, electronic testing equipment, power sprayers, and power saws.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and perfect and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Previous experience with all aspects of maintenance and engineering (special emphasis on electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, and maintenance of all equipment).
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.75 to $25.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement