Oracla DBA Team Lead
We are in immediate need for a Database Administrator Team Lead
Location: Regina, SK
The role will be 100% remote while COVID-19 travel/social distancing restrictions are in place. Once those restrictions are lifted, onsite requirements will be reassessed at that time.
We are looking to work with an experienced database administrator who can be hands on while guiding a team of DBAs.
Our current environment consists of several Oracle EE databases running "on prem", Oracle SE databases running in AWS RDS, and AWS Aurora databases in PostGreSQL compatibility mode. We are migrating to AWS and you would be a part of that effort.
ElasticSearch and Redis are also used, as well as various types of native AWS data storage platforms. Various "one off" databases are used for specific applications - MS SQL, PostgreSQL. We would expect you to be able to apply your skills at managing these platforms as well.
- Strong Oracle DBMS management knowledge (AWS RDS knowledge is an asset) **
- Strong general DBMS management knowledge to support a variety of platforms
- Strong knowledge of security concepts relevant to database systems (e.g. access control,
- encryption, backups and replication, etc.)
- Ability to optimize database functions including sub-optimal operations supplied by developers
- Ability to lead a team of database administrators
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of AWS technologies, especially those data focused (e.g.RDS, DMS, S3, Athena, etc.)
- NoSQL platforms (particularly those available on / native to AWS) Knowledge of evolutionary database design
- I*ntermediate to advanced UNIX / Linux knowledge *
- Understanding of software development concepts and experience writing code
Job Types: Contract, Permanent
Pay: $64,931.00-$120,000.00 per year
- AWS: 2 years (Required)
- Oracle DBA: 8 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19