UNIVERSAL PLASTICS MIDDLEFIELD, Located in Middlefield, Ohio, is seeking a PROJECT ENGINEER. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications;
The ideal candidate will have experience managing and coordinating activities of a designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are being accomplished within defined time frame and budget.
Provide design and material selection aid in regards to Gas Assist, Injection, and Structural Foam molding to the customer including interpretation of mold filing analysis, mold design and part design. Manage new and existing tooling projects until production release. Primary responsibilities are to design, test, and qualify production tooling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Reviews project proposals and/or plans to determine manufacturability, time frame, and procedures for accomplishing project.
2. Suggest methods, materials and tooling modifications per procedure.
3. Assist in process debug and process sampling of tooling per procedure
4. Assist in IQ/OQ/PQ processes and aid in documentation
5. Oversee all aspects of project scope including implantation of processes specific to individual customer requirement
6. Interface with all departments (ie: Quality, Maintenance, Tool Room, Customer Service, Sales, Purchasing) as required.
7. Analyses production capabilities and standards.
8. Overall program management
· Mold / Process capabilities and qualifications
· Assist with process development and production troubleshooting
· Polymeric materials
· Review Tool Design
· Review Part Design
· Customer interface
· Some Travel
Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
Must have knowledge in the following areas:
· Part Design
· Service orientation with both internal and external customers
· Excellent Oral and Written communication skills
· Processing and troubleshooting for injection molding (Nice to have)
· Ability to read detailed drawings and analyze CAD models
· Customer communication
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple customers at once
· Microsoft Programs
· CAD Experience
Bachelor of Science in Engineering
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND
· 3-4 years Engineering and Project Management experience
· Root cause analysis
· Experience in Plastics technologies working with injection molding machines (Nice to have)
· Experience in plastic part/tool design (Nice to have)
· Ability to handle urgent customer demands within a timely and professional manner
· Processing skills. (Nice to have)
This is an excellent opportunity to excel and prosper with a successful organization and in a unique position that will utilize Engineering and Project Management skills. This position offers a competitive salary and medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off