As a member of the Low Speed Wind Tunnel (LSWT) Team within the Lockheed Martin Ground Test Labs located in Marietta, GA, the selected candidate will provide engineering support to our large scale low speed wind tunnel test facility. The candidate’s primary tasks will be to work directly with wind tunnel customers functioning as their primary point of contact on designated tests, assess customer test requirements against LSWT capabilities, evaluate model stress reports to ensure the model is safe to test, translate customer model information into data acquisition and data reduction system inputs, add customer specific programming required to meet test requirements into the data reduction system, executing the customer test plan, assessing data quality and accuracy, and prepare final data packages and reports for delivery to the customer. Secondary tasks include assisting in maintaining the LSWT computer systems and assisting the LSWT operations staff as needed.
As work load within the LSWT varies, the selected candidate may support other lab groups such as Structural Test or Low Observable Test within the Ground Test Labs on an as needed basis where candidate’s qualifications are commensurate with the needs of the other groups.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with an emphasis on fluid mechanics
- Experience in testing at various temperature ranges
- Experience working in hazardous laboratory environments and with hazardous chemicals/materials and follow all Personal Protective Equipment and safety requirements
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Knowledge of FORTRAN or similar programming language
- Strong Windows based OS skills
- Previous experience in wind tunnel or other testing environments
- Good understanding of subsonic wind tunnel wall constraint and blockage corrections
- Good statistical data analysis background
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills to interface with multifunctional teams
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral)
- Be able to effectively document and accurately convey technical data within test reports
- Proficiency in computer programming preferably a language based background versus graphical, although a knowledge of LABView is desirable
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.