Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The successful candidate will be member of the Wabtec Global Infrastructure team, highly collaborative with broad technical Networking skills with the ability to implement and support WAN, LAN and WLAN solutions and changes across a large organization.
- Contributor role working with cross functional teams in design and deployment of Network WLAN, LAN and WAN Standards
- Participate in Network projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business and be a recognized expert in Networking Infrastructure
- Contribute in Site network design requirements and prepare cost estimates by evaluating business strategies and requirements
- Define and maintain repeatable reference documentation for network architectures
- Monitor network performance and serve as escalation point for incidents impacting operations
- Collaborate with third-party service and support vendors to ensure maximum uptime and prompt problem remediation
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of information technology experience w/focus on Networking technologies
- Familiarity with WAN/WLAN/LAN designs across an Enterprise Environment
- Familiarity with broad range of Network Monitoring Tools: Wire Shark, Solar Winds, Splunk, CA Performance Center, etc
- Competent with TCP/IP Protocols and DNS: BGP, eIGRP, OSPF
- Experience with defining and troubleshooting routing and DNS issues and identifying required steps for remediation
- Certification and/or familiarity with a broad range of Networking Equipment Design and Configuration: Cisco, Aruba, Nexus, HP, CheckPoint, ASA, Fortinet, SDWAN Principals, QOS Principals
- Familiarity with a broad range of Networking Equipment Design and Configuration: Cisco, Aruba, HP, CheckPoint, ASA, Fortinet, SDWAN Principals, QOS Principals
- Actively seeks next-gen certifications pertinent to the role
- Capable of establishing relationships and trust with Site Management Teams and Users alike
- Willing to embrace change and manage or influence required activities to reach desired outcomes
- Proven ability to deliver while under tight timelines
- Demonstrated ability to proactively analyze and solve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills including both verbal and written
Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% as required – Global Travel may be required
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.