We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer- Pumps for a direct opportunity in Duncan, OK. Our client offers oilfield services and products worldwide, making it one of the largest oil field service companies, with operations in over 70 countries.
The Pump Engineer provides engineering guidance and uses advanced engineering techniques to meet complex design criteria for high pressure plunger pumps. Develops custom equations and solutions using various engineering tools. Provides recommendations for tests results and assists with complex tests. Reviews and assesses appropriate standards, regulations, and specifications for testing and reliability analysis on projects and processes. Delivers innovative Intellectual Property recommendations for the client and reviews technical papers. Provides technical expertise to meet internal and external customer needs and requirements. Promotes and contributes to a cohesive team environment and maintains open lines of communication with all levels of the organization. Represents the client in professional societies in area of specialization. Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline and seven years of related experience. Completion of a masters or doctoral degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
Additional Duties as needed:
- Contributes innovative design content in development of new high pressure system technology
- Works individually and as part of a team supporting existing products, testing and evaluating equipment, performing mechanical failure analysis, and providing technical assistance as needed within the Operations, Engineering and Manufacturing environments.
- Interprets design specifications and supports concept, design, documentation, fatigue analysis, fabrication and testing of pumps.
- Assist in analytical evaluation of high pressure plunger pump designs for structural, fluid flow, vibration, corrosion and erosion with creation of component and next higher assembly designs and ensures compliance to manufacturability, material, and job specification requirements.
- Delivers innovative ideas by examining alternate techniques/approaches and providing IP recommendations for the client when needed.
- Reviews and assesses appropriate standards, regulations, and specifications for testing and reliability analysis activities and assesses their application to projects, processes and testing.
- Collaborates with other engineering disciplines about standards and techniques for calculations.
- Develops custom equations to fit specific problems by using spreadsheets and other mathematical tools to simplify complex problems and troubleshoot erroneous results.
- Guides others and uses advanced engineering techniques to meet complex design criteria, develops test specifications and evaluates application of HSE techniques during the design process.
- Provides recommendations for tests results and assist with complex tests.
- Updates processes, procedures, and calculation tools for general use.
- Acts as a program lead by establishing project development plans and approving design documents following Health Safety Environment processes.
- Ensures all components are Designed for Manufacturability (DFM) utilizing a system approach that simultaneously considers all of the design goals and constraints for products that will be manufactured.
- 10-40 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline which includes experience in Fluid End and Power End pump design.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline required to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Completion of a graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline - Preferred
- Completion of a doctorate in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline - Preferred