SharePoint Data Migration Engineer
CTI is currently seeking a SharePoint Developer/Data Migration Engineer to join our team. The SharePoint Developer provides technical expertise in defining, designing, testing and deploying web solutions on Microsoft Office platforms in compliance with the organization's policy and guidance of documents. The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for working effectively as part of a group of technical support professionals providing services to a federal agency. The candidate should possess extensive knowledge of SharePoint 2010 and 2013, SharePoint Designer and Workflow Foundation. Knowledge must include architectural design, web parts development, management and troubleshooting with a focus on planning, deploying and supporting enterprise SharePoint implementations. Other responsibilities include the following:
- Complete SharePoint 2010 to 2013 On-Premise migrations from pre-initiation to cutover
- Complete SharePoint 2013 migration to SharePoint Online to migrations from pre-initiation to cutover
- Troubleshoot SharePoint 2010 – 2013 On-Premise, and SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint Online migration issues to identify and resolve the root cause in a timely manner
- Collaborate with government project managers, Share Point Site Administrators and users to create SharePoint solutions, based on current server topology, that meet customer needs
- Develop SharePoint solutions using functionality (InfoPath forms, workflows, web parts, etc.) as well as custom solutions using .NET & SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013 development strategies
- Based on understanding of requirements, configure, develop, modify SharePoint 2013 web parts, pages, navigation and security to meet business needs
- Support customer in the collection and analysis of enterprise data to improve the effectiveness and efficiencies for all business areas across the enterprise
- Work in partnership with clients and business users to develop business requirements, processes and systems
- Analyze business requirements, assess alternative solutions, design, develop and implement application code/fixes using Microsoft SharePoint or other systems
- Assist in defining business and technical requirements needed to deploy/implement SharePoint solutions
- Participate in system testing, integration testing, and review/development of business training materials
- Integrate application and data from various source.
- Participate in preparation and update of site documentation and weekly/monthly status reports.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of business both verbally and in writing.
- Completed deliverables must adhere to enterprise wide standards and employ SharePoint best practices
- Adhere to customer migration schedule timeline
- Provide on-going SharePoint technical support
- SharePoint development, integration and migrations both On-Premise and Online
- US Citizenship is required for this position
- BS or MS Degree in IT field
- Experience in backup and restore of the SharePoint portals, site collections, sites, lists and libraries
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve SharePoint issues in a production environment
- Extensive knowledge of SharePoint Designer workflows, effective use of the Data View Web Part (DVWP), InfoPath forms development, Document sets, content query web part, data form web part, navigation customization, and some branding customization.
- Office 365 development tools: Power Apps, Flow, PowerShell Scripting
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to research/resolve data and application issues during the migration
- Microsoft SharePoint: 5 years (Required)
- .Net Framework: 5 years (Required)
- Very strong Powershell Scripting: 3+ years (Required)
- Hands on experience with infopath and workflow SharePoint online migrations
- Hands experience with SP migration online tools
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, energetic, flexible and professional demeanor, and be very client oriented
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively, both independently and within work groups to meet timelines and compete assignments.
- Interpersonal skills and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Team player.
- Self-motivated and disciplined.
- Experience with transition from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013, and SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint Online
- Experience integrating business intelligence renderings into SharePoint sites
- 3+ years of working directly with one or more business teams in a supporting role.
- 5+ years of hands on implementation plus support/maintenance experience with SharePoint 2010.
- 2+ year of hands on implementation plus support/maintenance experience with SharePoint 2013.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application, database design and implementation
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with senior level government managers and team mates during tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Must be to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- SharePoint Certifications a plus
- Experienece with DocAve is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- SharePoint: 5 years (Required)
- on-premise to online migration: 5 years (Required)
- .net Framework: 5 years (Required)
- Powershell: 3 years (Required)
- Sharepoint Designer: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off