About Controlled Environments Limited (CEL)
CEL (Conviron and Argus Controls) is recognized as the leading global manufacturer of plant growth chambers and rooms. Our controlled environment technology uniquely equips researchers and growers with solutions to meet global demands for plant-based food and health products. CEL’s projects range from small single-chamber installations to large scale, multi-room facilities in some of the most prestigious corporate, university and research institutions in over 90 countries around the world.
We are an entrepreneurial organization built on the expertise of our people and are committed to attracting and retaining employees who are curious and learning orientated to ensure we meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits and reward programs, within a engaging and collaborative work environment. Conviron recognizes that our continued success is dependent on the growth of our people, and therefore encourages and supports employees’ continual development.
Conviron is looking for an Electrical Engineer to contribute to the design and manufacturing of our products. These individuals needs be passionate about the work they do, curious about the work we do, how it is done and how to do it better.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Translating project requirements into engineering specifications.
- Estimating cost and schedule for various electrical design / design activities.
- Specifying electrical components to design cost effective electronic/electrical sub-systems, control systems or power distribution systems to meet project requirements.
- Participating in risk assessments and risk mitigations per ISO9001.
- Performing MCA/MOP calculations for your single or 3 phase load balanced control system design
- Performing RoHS assessments for electrical systems and sub-systems.
- Peer reviewing other concepts, designs and/or drawings.
- Preparing electrical schematic and assembly drawings.
- Collaborating with peers and participating in design reviews.
- Collaborating with Test Engineering to establish the test plan and to help define the test protocols necessary to verify and validate the design.
- Contributing to the creation or maintenance of Operator/User/Maintenance manuals.
- Prototype building.
- Red-marking and implementing design changes through the Engineering Change Order (ECO) process.
- Collaborating with cross-functional departments during concept generation, detailed design, prototype and production, installation and service.
- Conducting electrical/electronic troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Responding to any assigned NC and CPA’s in accordance with our QMSP.
- Professional Engineers may be required to seal drawings.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interpersonal skills that allow for effective collaboration and teamwork
- Demonstrated critical and analytical thinking skills that result in effective analysis and troubleshooting of various issues
- The ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- A conscientious and details oriented individual
Desired Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of Electrical Engineering design
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Registered or willingness/ability to register with APEGM as EIT or P.Eng
- Experience working with electrical codes is an asset
- Experience with SolidWorks
Don’t meet every single requirement?
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment so we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible language requirement:
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated (two doses). Masks are currently optional in the office.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Application deadline: 2022-07-15