Performs difficult professional engineering work in supervising and participating in the design, installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment and systems, and/or in the review and analysis of plans and specifications for mechanical engineering features and compliance with code requirements; and performs other related duties as required.
Additional Job Information:
At time of application you must be a citizen, national, or permanent resident alien of the United States or a non-citizen eligible under federal law for unrestricted employment.
**$6,859 per month (SR-26) salary includes $1,486 shortage differential**
***Subject to funding availability***
1) Only ONLINE applications will be accepted.
2) Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
Continuous recruitment until needs are met. List may be used to fill vacancies in various departments.
Some notifications may be sent via e-mail. You are responsible for monitoring instructions and correspondence from this office by checking your email account in a timely manner. To ensure proper delivery, please make sure you:
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- use a valid e-mail account;
- verify your e-mail address is entered correctly on your GovernmentJobs account;
- check your spam folders; and
- add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major work in Mechanical Engineering.
You must submit evidence of your education within 7 days of filing this application. A reproduced copy of your diploma and/or transcript which shows the embossed seal must be submitted in order to be given credit. Copies will not be returned. Mail or drop off: Department of Human Resources, 650 South King Street, 10th Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813.
One year of registered professional Mechanical Engineering experience.
1. Current State of Hawaii registration as a professional engineer in Mechanical Engineering. You must submit a copy of your professional license within 7 days of filing this application. Mail or drop off: Department of Human Resources, 650 South King Street, 10th Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813.
2. Applicants with an out-of-state license in Mechanical Engineering must obtain their Hawaii license prior to appointment. You must submit a copy of your mainland professional license within 7 days of filing this application. Mail or drop off: Department of Human Resources, 650 South King Street, 10th Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813.
3. Valid Hawaii State driver's license (Type 3) prior to appointment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE EVALUATION: In addition to meeting the above minimum qualification, your application will be further evaluated. Your score will be based on the quality, quantity and/or recency of your education and experience.
Education and Experience Evaluation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 100%