The Primary Engineer (PE) serves as the dedicated technical point of contact for a group of assigned clients for both the client and our internal technical teams. As a PE your responsibility is to provide executive leadership and a strategic, proactive approach to technology services and solutions that support our client’s goals and objectives. The PE is the technical partner to our Client Success Managers (CSM) and will jointly conduct regular business reviews and develop the overall IT strategy, technology plan, and budget for assigned clients. The PE is a knowledgeable technology advisor who possesses strong technical ability and experience, business acumen and strong customer service skills.
Additionally, the PE will conduct pre sales assessments for new opportunities, where upon engagement will perform onboarding and function as the assigned PE for the length of the client relationship. As the PE you will learn and understand our client’s industry-specific IT requirements and unique technology needs and communicate this information to our technical teams by means of constant and thorough documentation, conduct training of client business objectives and providing technical direction and support when needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Primary technical point of contact for client and internal technical teams
- Technical partner and advisor to Client Success Manager (CSM) for assigned clients
- Conduct pre-sales technology assessments for assigned new clients
- Develop and maintain a close professional relationship with assigned clients
- Onboarding of assigned new clients into our systems
- Drive Project scoping in collaboration with professional services team
- Analyze and review network assessments and security audit reports to identify client’s business risks related to technology
- Develop solutions to minimize risks and support client business objectives
- Respond to and resolve issues and escalations with patience, respect, and professionalism
- Help to minimize and eliminate delays and when applicable, proactively step in to help projects stay on time
- Participate in solutions architecture and R&D which enhances the technology stack we can sell and support to existing and new clients.
- Analyze service trends for assigned customer and identify opportunities to optimize improve support.
- Documentation of client environment, systems, vendors,
- Liaison between client and internal technical service support teams. Provide training to technical teams specific to client biz obj.
- Learn and understand our clients’ industry-specific IT requirements and unique technology needs. Communicate this information through training, documentation and 1 on 1 technical breakout sessions.
- Develop a strategic technology roadmap and budget in collaboration with CSM
- Conduct periodic assessments of client environment and ensure health and enrollment in all services and offerings
- Ongoing development and understanding of key vertical market trends, regulations, and compliance requirements applicable to assigned clients.
- Ongoing development of IT and industry knowledge.
- Change control participation
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Successful customer service and/or sales experience
- Ability and desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to easily establish and maintain rapport with individuals
- Driven and focused on obtaining results No excuses attitude
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment with little to no supervision
- Excellent grammar and writing skills with experience in preparing written communications
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to explain things simply and clearly
- Ability to communicate in a positive, effective, and efficient manner
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency while paying attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task effectively and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prepare, organize and present information to groups of people
- Ability to work afterhours and on-call shifts
- Familiarity with LAN/WAN design and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems: Windows (7,8,10) Window Server (2012, 2016 etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications including Visio
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an IT support or consulting role
- Minimum of five years’ experience with o365, Windows Servers and supporting technologies.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with LAN and WAN configuration, setup, and troubleshooting
- Minimum of five years’ experience providing excellent exceptional service directly to end users
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- A BA/BS in related field is preferred
- One or more of the following industry certifications Net+, MCSA/E, MOS, CCNA, CISSP are preferred
- Possesses valid driver’s license and proof of insurance, acceptable driving record, and reliable transportation
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
- Frequently communicates with co-workers, customers, and vendors in person, on the telephone, and on the computer to provide assistance
- Frequently operates a motor vehicle while traveling to client site
- Frequently exposed to outside elements when traveling to client site
- Frequently sits and/or stands for long periods of time
- Frequently uses the computer with fingers and hands for documentation, research, and troubleshooting
- Frequently works in a well-lit, tempered room
- Frequently views the computer to perform duties
- Frequently bends, stoops, kneels, or climbs when installing or moving computers, monitors, servers, etc.
- Occasionally lifts objects such as office supplies, computers, monitors, and servers with weight up to 50 pounds
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI’S)
- Key Behavioral Standards
- Meeting onboarding and scoping timelines
- Direct client feedback on engagement and value.