SOLIDWORKS|PDM SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR IN CORVALLIS, OR
Andrews Cooper specializes in innovative product design and automation solutions for a variety of industries and world-class Fortune 100 companies. We have a high regard for our clients, and we care about how we conduct business. We partner with our clients to exceed their expectations and build long-lasting relationships based on mutual respect, trust, and good will.
Our commitment to our clients starts at home, with a family of over 100 talented and highly skilled engineers and staff. We believe there is a better way to operate as a company, by supporting and developing our teams. Our company is passionate about what we do and how we achieve our goals:
- We are innovative and naturally curious individuals who love applying science to tough problems.
- We work as a team, from a foundation of mutual trust, humility, and integrity.
- We thrive on creating solutions, solving problems, and succeeding for our clients.
- We create a fun, safe, and collaborative environment for all to enjoy.
- We support each other with understanding and compassion through life’s difficult moments.
- We believe in doing what’s right, even when it’s not always easy.
- We are committed to excellence and keep our promises to deliver superior solutions on time and within budget.
We seek like-minded people who want to grow with us and build their careers on these principles. If you have high aspirations and thrive on challenges, dynamic projects, and enduring relationships, please read on about our current employment opportunity. If you fit our qualifications and culture, please connect with us and let’s get started.
- At all times demonstrate a professional demeanor with integrity, humility, self-control, candor, objectivity, and respect towards others.
- Be adept at designing mechanical assemblies utilizing off-the-shelf components and custom designed machined, sheet metal, and welded parts.
- Create 3D models set up in a professional manner for SolidWorks.
- Work with PDM Professional and assist with the setup, installation, & maintenance of the PDM system.
- Support procurement department by ensuring ME documentation is complete, consistent, and accurate by performing detailed checking of drawings, assemblies, and BOMs.
- Create 2D prints with a strong grasp on the tolerancing and finishes for machined and sheet metal parts.
- Create 2D prints for weldments with appropriate weld symbols, tolerances, and an understanding of welding processes.
- Act as a professional and courteous point of contact for technical questions from AC suppliers.
- Cross train to be able to purchase materials for emergency/overflow situations.
- Ensure compliance of the Drafting team to AC’s Drafting procedures as specified in the QMS and other procedures specified outside of the QMS.
- 5+ years of experience drafting complex systems as part of a multi-disciplined team
- 5+ years of experience in SolidWorks
- Experience setting up and maintaining Product Data Management (PDM) Professional
- Deep understanding of CAD systems and documentation standards
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with machine shop professionals to coordinate projects
- Experience working closely with stakeholders and maintain healthy relationships through fast paced project cycles
- SolidWorks Certified Professional
- Associates degree in CAD or Drafting
- Experienced working with Mechanical Engineers to create solid models and 2D prints in both SolidWorks and Creo
- Experience creating and managing Bill of Materials for projects
- Experience procuring materials through machine shops and metal fabricators
- Create 3D models in Creo Elements Direct Modeling. This program is secondary and can be learned on the job if necessary.
Why join the Andrews Cooper team? This is a full-time position with top-tier compensation, benefits, and work positives, including:
- Competitive wages with incentive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and life insurance
- 401k Retirement savings with an automatic 3% contribution
- Engineering challenges collaborating with a varied team of A-player engineers of many disciplines
- Growth potential with an established engineering company with nearly 20 years of design excellence
- Long-term relationships and enduring partnerships
- Supportive, fun, and collaborative environment
- Andrews Cooper is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Typical start time:
Typical end time: