IES Residential is seeking an experienced Residential Electrician Foreman for the Washington, DC area.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees projects in multi-family homes, apartments, and student housing etc.
- Maintains working relationship with subcontractors, division managers, and other skilled trades
- Reports progress and problems to management regularly and provides creative solutions
- Maintains knowledge of and enforces company safety rules and procedures
- Quickly corrects any potential hazard or promptly reports the hazard to the responsible person
- Plans and lays out work for sub-contractor workers in accordance with the engineers’ specifications and the National Electric Code
- Assess material, equipment, and labor needed to complete assigned tasks and ensure all items required are ordered and at the job site in compliance with the scheduled requirements
- Communicate with others, including taking direction from a supervisor and able to give direction in a way that is understood
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Electrical knowledge in Multi-Family area
- Knowledge of the current National Electric Code
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Team Player
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Occasional travel out of town
- A valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass and comply with all safety training, background check and drug testing requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 2 years’ experience as an Electrical Foreman in Multi-Family area
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES’s 2020 fiscal year ending September 30, 2020, IES produced over $1.19 billion in revenue and employed over 5000 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States. IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
- Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
- Safety is Priority One – and our record shows it
- Competitive Pay
- Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
- Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
- Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
- Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company’s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO is the Law" poster | "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES Residential Main office at toll free (855)-IES-Hire or (855) 431-4473 or any IES office to request assistance.
Right to Work
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 - $62,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location