Imagine the Possibilities
Randall’s has been decorating Ottawa since 1948. As a local family owned business we research and carry only the best products for our customers. We have a team of specialists who are trained and knowledgeable. Join our team and you will work at the go-to place in Ottawa for a wide range of décor services including Paint, Custom Window Treatments, Fine Wallpapers, Custom & Ready Made Furniture, Designer Fabrics, Countertops and Flooring.
As Randall’s continues to grow we are looking for an exceptional candidate who is seeking a full-time role as a DECORATOR/ DESIGNER. You will be doing in home and virtual consultations for colour and decor(flooring, lighting, furniture, fabric, custom window treatments). You will be trained on how to sell window treatments and be expected to sell window treatments on most calls. You will become an expert across our supplier's product lines: Hunter Douglas, Shade-O-Matics, Altex and Maxxmar and all our fabric suppliers for drapery and shears.
What we Offer:
- Strong team culture; we are a local family owned company
- A vehicle and gas card.
- Company Iphone & Ipad for job related activities.
- Complete training of all supplier product lines (Hunter Douglas, Shade-O-Matic, Altex) PPG and C2 paint. Sansin and Sico Proluxe stains. Ongoing product training for all key product & industry updates.
- Discount on everything we sell, making this the perfect place to work for people that love DIY projects.
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits including Dental and Extended Health Care
What we are looking for:
- Someone who has a passion for home décor and knows the value of quality window coverings.
- Someone with a proven track record of commission based sales.
- Someone who enjoys approaching and engaging customers: Asking customers questions and providing expert solutions based on your window treatment knowledge. Your goal will be superior customer service and to do everything you can to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Someone with a good eye for colour and style: Blinds knowledge is an asset.
- Someone who wants to grow professionally within the décor world.
- Someone who thrives working in a fast pace and dynamic environment.
- 2+years of retail experience (in the décor, design field . Cashier and Computer (POS software) skills are an asset.
- Secondary School Diploma required. College Degree in Décor or Design field
Expected Start Date: 2021-05-03
Related keywords: designer, mechanical designer, engineer, design
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Store discount
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Secondary School (required)
- window treatments: 1 year (preferred)
- decor/design: 1 year (required)
- sales: 2 years (required)
- drivers license (required)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place