The newly renamed University of Iowa Technology Institute (ITI) is seeking a collaborative, highly skilled senior software developer to support the Virtual Soldier Research (VSR) team on the SANTOS code and derivative products.
The senior software developer role is a full-time position that leads the development of products for new clients, including the United States Department of Defense, and will provide functional supervision to staff and students to accomplish set objectives. Responsibilities will require some travel and time outside of the 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. workday. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Duties to include:
- Develop and maintain existing SANTOS code.
- Lead analysis of customer requests and requirements to define functional/technical specifications; design, develop, implement, and/or support applications.
- Design and develop software applications and tools to meet customer requirements and requests.
- Conduct data analysis as needed, including motion capture data.
- Work with other university and ITI staff members and students to develop algorithms and implementations.
For a full job description, please contact Sarah Lobb, HR Generalist, University of Iowa College of Engineering.
About the College of Engineering and the University of Iowa Technology Institute:
The University of Iowa’s College of Engineering (CoE) is comprised of both academic departments as well as research centers. One of the primary research centers is the University of Iowa Technology Institute (ITI), which was founded in 1981 and originally named the Center for Computer Aided Design. ITI conducts basic and applied research in modeling and simulation. With over 150 scientists, faculty members, graduate and undergraduate students, ITI includes the following units:
- Virtual Soldier Research program (VSR)
- National Advanced Driving Simulator (NADS)
- Virtual and Augmented Reality Business Unit (VARBU)
ITI has sustained substantial growth over the past several years and has created many strategic partnerships with government and corporate entities. Funding agencies and companies include the US Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, and companies such as Ford, GM, Chrysler, Rockwell Collins, John Deere, Caterpillar, NASA, and many others. With over 18 laboratories and specialized research facilities, ITI offers our partners and clients with a significant value add to R&D efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/computer engineering/mechanical engineering or a related engineering field.
- Significant experience (a minimum of 5 years) with programming and software design and development.
- Significant experience (a minimum of 5 years) in production software with substantial responsibility for large implementations.
- Proficient in C++/C#.
- Familiarity with Python.
- Knowledge of applied mathematics, for example, optimization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience as member of a development team that has implemented a substantial system that has been successfully deployed to a diverse set of users
- Ability to work as part of a diverse and creative team.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and meet/maintain standards of the Fleet Safety Program.
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical field or significant experience in code development, gaming environments, or related products.
- Knowledge of networking in a multi-threaded environment for both Windows and Linux, cmake, build tools.
In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission.Job openings are posted for a minimum of calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
Please visit https://bit.ly/31So0sU for application details and to apply.
Job Type: Full-time