Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking Entry Level Geotechnical Engineers with 0-3 years’ experience to join us in our Oakland CA office.
Travel to project sites and other Kleinfelder offices may be required. Regular field assignments should be anticipated. The Oakland office and the five additional Bay Area offices offer a wide range of challenging project work and a great opportunity to develop professionally.
Skills required for this position include:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must enjoy writing reports and analyzing data
- The ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively
- A desire to learn, take on challenges, and improve in a team environment
- A can-do attitude and problem-solving mindset is essential
- A BS in Engineering (required) with EIT (preferred). MS in Geo Engineering is considered a plus.
The candidate should have at a minimum, experience in, or the ability to readily learn, all basic components of the delivery of a fundamental geotechnical investigation including:
- Coordination and performance of the field investigation
- Assignment of the appropriate lab testing under the supervision of a PE
- Performance of the associated engineering analyses under the PE’s guidance
- Preparation of the geotechnical report
- Ability to work with design teams to incorporate geotechnical aspects into site designs
- Earthwork and foundation construction observation.
The candidate may have experience in site civil engineering including:
- Site grading
- Drilling oversite
- Erosion and sedimentation control
- Stormwater management
Experience with CAD, gINT, Lpile, and SlopeW software is preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.