Bridgestone APM is seeking an experienced Process Engineer to join their robust team located in Upper Sandusky, OH. We aspire to offer the best for our team members. Our commitment to safety and family is to strive to be a company trusted - a company in which all of us can take great pride. We adhere to principles of good faith as you carry out your work, in the way you treat others, and as you participate in and engage with our communities. It is about producing positive outcomes by respecting a diversity of skills, values, experiences, genders, and races and fostering teamwork. By enhancing how people live, learn and work, the company strives to have a positive impact on the communities in which it operates.
Shift: Monday- Friday, some weekend work
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Minimum two (2) year degree in mechanical engineering or in another applied science such as manufacturing technologies or industrial engineering and/or 3+ years of experience
- CAD literacy in AutoCAD, Inventor or Solidworks
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Four (4) year degree in Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
- As with each role within Bridgestone APM, everyone is responsible to ensure a safe and clean working environment.
- Work directly with manufacturing group providing technical expertise on process procedures, production tooling, and equipment capabilities.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing problems for quality improvements and cost reductions goals.
- Work with the Mass Production Process group to successfully transfer new launch parts to production.
- Take lead for BAPM scrap reduction activities
- Establish process specifications, equipment, tooling, and procedures for efficient product manufacturing which meets our customer’s requirements.
- Recommend and implement process changes to improve quality and manufacturing costs. Document and report cost reduction activities.
- Update and maintain APQP documentation to track improvements and changes.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing and quality problems. Take lead on preventative measures and permanent corrective actions.
- Responsible for secondary production tooling, prototype tooling development along with customer concerns and ISO 9001 requirements.
- Hands-on support of all manufacturing operations.
Bridgestone APM Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Indeed Hire and Bridgestone APM are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.__
Job Type: Full-time
- related manufacturing/industrial engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Automotive: 2 years (Required)
- Upper Sandusky, OH: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)