The CMM Programmer/Quality Assurance has overall responsibility of the quality inspection processes and procedures in order to ensure that PCMI provides products that meet our customers’ requirements.
This position reports to the Operations Manager. They will also interface on a frequent basis with Machining, Production, and Project Engineering.
RESPONSIBILIITIES Include but are not limited to:
· Provide, communicate and ensure following of quality control plans during all phases of a project.
· Establish in-process inspection instructions per job requirements and provide training to production team.
· Develop efficient and effective CMM programs.
· Perform layout inspections, first piece approvals, in-process inspections and other aspects of quality control throughout manufacturing processes. This also includes use of manual inspection equipment (i.e. micrometers, gages, and other inspection equipment).
· Evaluate inspection data for accuracy, prior to submission.
· Prepare reports for internal and external customers and interface as required.
· Ensure all quality records are filed according to company guidelines. These records include inspection reports, ballooned drawings, CMM programs, certification packages.
· Maintain calibration and certification of all quality equipment and tools.
· Ensure equipment and tools are in good working order.
· Participate in root cause analysis and team problem solving activities (ex. 8D reports, department meetings, etc.).
· Schedule workload appropriately to ensure project deliverables are met.
· Support plant activities towards maintaining/obtaining QMS certifications (i.e. ISO 9001, AS9100)
· Assist with plant activities to achieve quality, productivity, and cost reduction goals.
· Maintain high standards of housekeeping in work area.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
· Technical degree or equivalent experience
· Minimum of two to five years experience with programming/operating of Zeiss CMM (Calypso Software)
· Experience with programming and operating of Faro Arm is a plus
· Knowledge/experience with CNC machining processes is preferred
· General knowledge of ISO Standards (ISO 9001, AS9100)
· Strong understanding of GD&T and ability to read blueprints
· Strong understanding of calibration methods and use of measuring tools
· Technical math skills
· Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills
· Ability to influence and work with others to achieve results
- Must be able to work overtime as needed. Including weekends.
· U.S. Citizenship or Qualified US worker.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and keyboarding; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.'
- Only full-time employees eligible
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 - $32.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location