The best integrated design firm in the world has an opening for a creative and innovative Mechanical Engineer.
As a Mechanical Engineer at DLR Group you will be responsible for the design of mechanical systems from schematics through construction administration on a wide range of building types. As part of our integrated design teams you create buildings that elevate the human experience through design.
If you are a collaborative thought leader with a strategic mindset this might be the position for you. DLR Group is 100% employee owned and as such you’ll enjoy the opportunity to have ownership in the Firm. We rely on all our employee-owners to apply their financial acumen to grow the Firm profitably.
You would be responsible for participating in the design process of mechanical building systems and preparing detailed and mechanical engineering design calculations and drawings to code.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist in developing project objectives, goals, and documentation policies.
- Develop HVAC designs from concept through completion of construction.
- Prepare engineering design calculations and mechanical system layouts.
- Prepare detailed engineering reports and narratives.
- Coordinate HVAC design requirements with architecture, structure and other disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience in a MEP firm working on commercial/public projects.
- Proven experience as a Mechanical Engineer designing HVAC building systems on complex projects.
- Professional Engineering license (P.E./PE)
- LEED Accredited Professional and previous experience participating in the LEED or other green rating system process.
- Experience and interest in sustainable building design.
- An appreciation and understanding of architectural design and how architects work and think.
- Experience with BIM (e.g. Autodesk Revit MEP) work flow.
DLR Group is a 100% employee-owned firm. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. DLR Group fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the AIA 2030 Commitment. Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, and at LinkedIn.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.