Project Control Engineer
Reports to: CEO
The Project Control Engineer will determine project objectives and contributes to the development of a comprehensive project plan. They will outline project requirements and assign tasks to the team.
The Project Control Engineers will be responsible for the budgeting and cost management of the projects for the company. Interfacing with the Procurement, Engineering and Finance Departments, they will develop and maintain a detailed cost control system. They regularly perform analytical reviews and checks of cost reporting documentation, and present cost status and forecast updates to Management.
The role will be responsible for establishing a schedule for projects and monitors their progress. They will routinely analyze, evaluate, and forecast the current project status against the baseline schedule, assessing the impacts of design or construction changes to the schedule. They will then report the status of schedule to appropriate project and Management.
Project Control Engineer will coordinate all work on the projects, ensuring that objectives are met within budget. They will conduct site visits to verify progress and identify any potential and critical issues. They will then work with the teams to recommend recovery plans and update the schedule and budget accordingly.
Project Control Engineer Skills
Well-organized and able to work under deadlines with the ability to manage the big picture as well as understand the small details of multiple projects.
- Basic knowledge of the Systems Engineering approach to design, development, integration, and product support
- Ability to develop and maintain detailed schedules, ensure adherence to quality standards, and maintain policies and procedures
- Strong cost reporting skills and techniques
- Experience in the identification, monitoring and reporting of project risks
- Ability to develop and update schedules, create reports and provide analysis using Microsoft Project and Primavera.
- Experience working with project management plans (PMP) and plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E)
- BA/BS in construction management, engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in construction and project management for various construction projects.
- Experience communicating financial status and schedule details from multiple construction sites to executive management.
- History of working on large projects ( > $50,000,000)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $103,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Project Control Engineer: 5 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19