Position: Civil Engineer – Surface Transportation
Location: Nashville, TN
ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER!! Crawford, Murphy & Tilly, Inc. (CMT), a civil engineering design firm, is actively seeking to add a talented, Civil Engineer to our Surface Transportation team to support our transportation clients and have a hand in transforming the communities we serve. If you are ready to take your career to the next level and become a major contributor to transportation-related projects, consider the many benefits of joining Team CMT! Our trajectory of growth is exciting, and we want great people interested in making a difference, and to assist with finding long-term solutions for the communities in which we live and work.
This position will provide an opportunity to work on conventional and moderate to complex transportation projects. This is a new position for an exceptional individual ready to begin the next stage of their professional career within CMT.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil Engineering is required
- Coursework with an emphasis on roadway/highway geometric design, drainage, transportation planning, traffic engineering/corridor studies is desired, but not required
- Previous engineering experience, or internship experience, is preferred but not required
- Registered Engineer Intern that has passed the FE exam or is taking steps to become a certified Engineer Intern
- Experience using CAD software with knowledge of MicroStation and Geopak/InRoads software a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments on a variety of projects, work in an environment to learn quickly, take initiative, and interact with a variety of people
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Who is CMT?
CMT is recognized as a leader in delivering infrastructure solutions: from roads, bridges, and trails that connect people together - to providing clean water for people and the environment. We design sites and buildings and solve complex challenges at some of the biggest airports in the country. For over 75 years, our team of engineers, planners, and other professionals has delivered a trademark brand of excellence and value to our clients.
Having been honored as the Top Engineering Design Firm in the Midwest by Engineering News Record, CMT has also been recognized as a Top Firm to Work For. More importantly, we’re a team of friendly and hardworking people who are committed to making a difference. With 25 offices across 9 states, CMT is growing fast and continuously creating opportunities for our employees. If this sounds like the type of place where you could excel, we’d love to hear from you.
CMT is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. CMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. CMT does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location