Electrical Engineer Job Summary:
- Carries out engineering assignments associated with electrical design to ensure proposed designs meet contract requirements.
- Supervises work of drafters and designers involved in electrical design.
- Checks designs for accuracy.
- Maintains documentation and data related to electrical designs.
- Prepares reports for regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates with vendors to ensure design compatibility.
Experience Requirements for the Electrical Engineer:
- Lead experience (five or more years) in commercial shipbuilding along with ABS SVR experience.
- Dock/sea trials experience in commercial shipbuilding a plus.
- Field/production experience in commercial shipbuilding a plus.
- Familiar with the following in commercial shipbuilding:
- Systems integration
- Fault current analysis and breaker coordination studies
- FMEA/DVTPs, PSTPs, EPLAs
- One-lines, cableways, transits, electrical standards
- Navigation systems, communication systems, alarm and monitoring systems
- Propulsion control systems
- Power management systems
- Power equipment arrangements
- Antenna arrangements, generators, switchboards, transformers, motor control centers, motor controllers and VFDs
- Power panels, batteries, chargers and UPSs, voltage drop calculations, lighting deck plans, illumination levels
- Fire detection systems, CO2 systems, cable routing, entertainment systems, LAN systems, CCTV systems, ICCP and ICAF systems, ESD systems.
Sirius Technical Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Electrical Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Shipbuilding: 3 years (Preferred)