Canon U. S. A., Inc. is currently seeking an BMS Engineer, (Specialist, Engineer Ops), who specializes in energy efficiency to join our General Affairs Division in Melville, NY. Building Infrastructure “Specialist, Engineering Ops” reports to Sr. Manager, Building Engineering and is responsible for assisting in administration of MEPF Infrastructure Systems at One Canon Park.
Performs detailed engineering analytical reviews of MEPF infrastructure systems to increase energy efficiency and reduce costs at Canon-owned facilities across USA. Analyzes engineering processes and makes recommendations designed to increase systems reliability, equipment longevity and improve overall performance. Manage third-party service providers performing specific PM, CM, PDM or programming to maximize efficiency and measurable performance. Improve MEPF infrastructure to ensure that all work performed adheres to: NFPA, NEC, OSHA, ANSI, ASHRAE, AHJ, applicable Building codes and regulations. Create and maintain operating and emergency procedures that ensure industry best practices are implemented. Coordinate specific training for facilities engineering technicians on processes and efficiency implementations. Provide project support on various types of construction, remodeling, energy retrofits, solar systems, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, communication, office furniture, warehouse, storage areas, equipment modifications and maintenance. Works closely with end users, coordinators, business departments, consultants and third parties to ensure objectives are adhered. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Identify, analyze and implement energy efficiency infrastructure, programming, project plans, reports to reduce KWH across CUSA facilities based on favorable return on investments
- Utilize DELTA CONNECTS Kaizan Software to ensure Melville Jamesburg and Atlanta Facilities Building Management Systems are optimized for maximum energy efficiency
- Analyze regional Building Management Systems to ensure optimum energy efficiency
- Create statement of work documents for competitive bidding through Canon Procurement Department
- Manage and track all work tasks, objectives and targets to document progress.
- Create monthly management reports on findings, issues, resolutions, project plans and overall efficiency improvements documented across the regional facilities
- Involved with solving technical problems, implementing solutions, analyze innovative technology and LED testing for ballast compatibility to ensure dimming performance
- Implement maximum efficiency across the regional facilities that involve travel to provide solutions with training to obtain lowest KWH cost
- Operational overview to ensure “best in class” services and processes are implemented
- Other responsibilities as assigned to support business operations
BMS, Business Management Systems, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Facilities Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Manager, HVAC, Operations, Facilities, RFP, Bidding, SOW, MEP Engineer, Efficiency Engineer, BMS Programmer, BMS, energy efficiency, Building Management Systems
- BS degree is required, preferably in Engineering; focused on MEPF Infrastructure with strong Electrical and BMS control knowledge in design, operations and troubleshooting including sequence of operation and energy efficiencies; or relevant experience will be considered.
- 3 - 5 years of relevent work experience required
- Prior vendor management, competitive bidding supplies and project scope development is required.
- Performance driven, results oriented, strategic thinker to create efficiencies, effective training and work closely with management team for implementation
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Capable of quickly understanding the high-level business goals and current state, identifying gaps between them, and then being creative and resourceful to quickly get to a place of excellence
- Strong PC skills, AutoCad, PowerPoint, Excel and comfortable using technology to support approach and execution of responsibilities
- This position will require the incumbent to travel nationally to regional offices for analytics and implementation process of energy efficiency initiatives up to 10-25% of the time
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2018† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2019. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.