The Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Programmer reports to the Senior Leader of Operations, and provides programming and support for Numerical Control machines (Mills, Lathes) by creating CNC programs through MasterCAM software in order to machine parts to customer specifications. The CNC Programmer acts as a project manager, providing technical support to team members through interpretation and analysis of data and specifications.
- Create programs for CNC Mills or CNC Lathes using MasterCAM.
- Determine necessary cutting tools to machine and create tool setup sheets.
- Work with tooling manufacturers to optimize programs.
- Manage jobs utilizing MS Project, and communicate deliverables to team members outside of the department.
- Apply Lean methods and principles.
- Contribute to Non-Conformance Report (NCR) resolutions.
- Design fixtures for holding parts using SolidWorks.
- Lead continuous improvement activities relative to current product.
- Troubleshoot new and legacy CNC system processes, including but not limited to fixtures, tooling and G and M code programs to support manufacturing.
- Provide training, leadership and guidance to all personnel within the production group, including machinists.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities typically required to perform the essential functions of this job:
- Shop Mathematics, including Trigonometry.
- Proficient programming of MasterCAM CNC Multi-Axis G and M Code.
- Renishaw probing, including logic and macro programming.
- Proficient machine control and control systems.
- Expert multi-axis milling, inspection, cutting tools and their materials, fixture and tool procurement general set up, and part qualification practices.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Strong attention to detail
- The operations of Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to, Excel.
- Work well with others as a member of a team.
- Lead others, set clear goals and establish direction.
- Maintain a clean, well-ordered work environment using 5S methodology.
- Work independently, with minimal direction.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
- At least 10 years of CNC machining experience.
- At least 5 years of fixture design experience for turning and/or milling applications that account for product stress relieving.
- At least 5 years of MasterCAM programming experience in the aerospace industry.
- Demonstrated experience with simultaneous 5-Axis CNC milling programming and/or with multi axis CNC turning programming including, but not limited to compounding Y-Axis Live mill/turning.
- Demonstrated experience with Renishaw Inspection Plus on machine part probing programming.
- Demonstrated experience with Siemens Cycle 800 as well as swivel/tilt plane workflows to best fit thin walled castings.
- At least 1 year of SolidWorks experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Fanuc, GE, Siemen’s and Heidenhain controls.
- At least 1 year of CGtech Vericut experience.
- Experience working with MS Project preferred.
- Must be able to research and help quote new product designs while keeping none reoccurring engineering (NRE) costs in consideration to ensure budget compliance
*It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.95 to $31.68 /hour
- fixture design for turning and/or milling applications: 5 years (Required)
- CNC machining: 10 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented