Our comprehensive, 12-week paid internship program gives you the opportunity to test your skills working for the nation’s leading producer of cleaner fuels and developer of renewable chemicals. This internship will begin May 18, 2020 and end August 7, 2020.
POSITION PURPOSE:The purpose of this position is to:
(1) assist with a variety of environmental, health, and safety duties with a focus on supporting the production of biodiesel fuel and related co-products.
(2) assist manufacturing, construction and other REG departments in the goal of continuous improvement with environmental stewardship, regulatory compliance and sustainability.
(3) assist in the implementation of agency permits and reporting requirements.
- Provide technical EHS support to all REG facilities including biodiesel plants
- Continually improve company environmental, health and safety policies, plans, and procedures
- Apply techniques and solutions to resolve EHS issues and achieve program objectives in an efficient and timely manner
- Develop training programs or tools to support EHS compliance and continuous improvement
- Develop EHS programs designed to promote and enhance management systems or address deficiencies
Other frequent duties:
- Maintain working knowledge EHS regulations and standards that affect the company
- Assist with Company responses to any environmental authorities as they arise.
- Understand Federal and State (those where REG does business) environmental regulations and monitor regulatory changes (through Federal Register, industry networking, etc.) as they occur.
- Provide technical support to corporate and facility personnel to ensure compliance with applicable environmental regulations.
- Communicate with personnel to ensure that EHS policies, plans, and procedures are followed
- Conduct EHS audits/inspections and provide written report of results including opportunities for improvement
- Monitor and audit housekeeping records, EHS related permits, and procedures to ensure compliance
- Interact with various internal departments to provide EHS technical support and knowledge
- Perform other duties as assigned
Pursuing a bachelor’s degree – Engineering (such as environmental or chemical), Occupational Safety, Health, or other technical degree.
**Senior or Junior status preferred
Relevant courses, club participation and internship preferred
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Visio)
Basic accounting skills
Special skills or knowledge preferred:
Experience in writing detailed instructions
Biodiesel production or related processes
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.