Mission/Objective: Apply Engineering knowledge and experience to our manufacturing processes to keep them optimal and cost-effective in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommend and implement improvements to production processes, equipment, methods and controls
Essential Functions and Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for the Overall Efficiency of the processes and equipment assigned.
- Generate and maintain Key Performance Indicators and SPC.
- Support Maintenance to keep equipment operational following manufacturer's instructions and best practices.
- Lead continuous improvement activities, problem solving and MOS implementation as well as train and mentor the Manufacturing Team.
- Responsible for capability analysis, work cell layouts and material flow planning.
- Work with external vendors and companies to define, select, deliver and qualify new solutions for the Roanoke manufacturing process, using industry best practices and working within budget.
Academic and Experience
- 4 year degree in Engineering field (REQUIRED)
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing systems (Preferred)
- Experience with custom manufacturing and equipment design (Preferred)
- Experience working in the Automotive Industry (Preferred)
Previous experience in manufacturing processes like Roll-forming, Plasma and laser cutting and robots and CNC, welding, Press Punching, Heat Treatment and Painting will be a plus and very valuable
- Exposure to Kaizen, Continuous Improvement, 5S programs
- Experience with Auto-Cad
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office applications including MS Project)
- SPC experience
- Experience in APQP and Automotive industry standards is desired
Key Success Factors: Leadership CompentenciesIntegrity and trust
- Customer focus
- Drive for results
- Managing vision and purpose
- Dealing with paradox
- Motivating others
- Managing diversity
- Process management
- Managing and measuring work
- Understanding others
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift