At Bell, thinking above and beyond is what we do best. For more than 80 years, we’ve been reimagining the experience of flight – and where it can take us.
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to certify a commercial helicopter. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. And today, we’re defining the future of on demand mobility.
A Day in the Life of an Entry Level Engineer – Laboratories:
Bell is seeking entry-level Engineers to join a dynamic team that is leading the future of vertical lift. We are seeking Engineers that strive daily for innovation and settle for nothing less than excellence. The selected candidate will support Bell Engineering Laboratories by providing material and process guidance during rotorcraft design, development, and production phases, and for the control and characterization of existing and new materials and processes.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Chemistry Lab
- Field Investigations Lab
- Metallic Materials Lab
- Non Destructive Evaluations
- Providing design guidance for material selection, process methods, and inspection controls
- Developing and maintaining material and process specifications
- Creating test plans, test reports, and disposition of test results
- Support research and development of new or improved materials & processes
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing Operations, Suppliers, Procurement, and Quality
Minimum Requirements for Entry Level Engineering – Laboratories Role at Bell:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry or other related technical degree
- PC Proficiency in Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent technical writing, and communication skills
This job requires some travel, both domestic and international.
3.0 minimum overall, undergraduate GPA.
- Familiar with Material & Processes Laboratory equipment & mechanical strength testing
- Statistical analysis, basic principles of scheduling, technical writing skills.
- Public speaking and/or leadership potential, exceptional communication skills, passion, and outside accomplishments.
- Practical experience in a manufacturing or design company, shop or lab experience is a plus.
- Willingness to learn, take direction and constructive criticism, self-motivated, organizational skills, will question the status quo, take initiative, be a self-starter, focused on safety.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Field Engineering
Primary Location US-Texas-Fort Worth
Recruiting Company Bell Textron Inc.
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Job Posting 08/31/2020, 11:31:42 AM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.