Primary Purpose of Position:
· To maintain the integrity of all building systems, operate the building an efficient manner and perform a variety of tenant services
· Responsible for assisting the Engineering team in the efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all building systems.
Building systems include HVAC, water treatment, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, fire protection, structural, hardware and keying.
· Develops skills in installing, fabrication, constructing, and troubleshooting and repairing complex mechanical and electrical equipment.
· Receives work assignments, plans work to be performed, and obtains necessary tools, equipment and materials; Completes assignments and paperwork in a timely manner.
· Demonstrates knowledge of equipment being serviced and employs service procedures and techniques indicative of first class work. Follow inspection and service procedures outlined in the preventive maintenance and loss control programs.
· Possesses knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools. Responsible for the care of assigned equipment, tools and uniforms
· Responsible for keeping the shop, penthouse equipment rooms, related mechanical areas and common area clean, organized and safe.
· Follows operational and safety procedures and demonstrated the ability to follow established mechanical/electrical system(s) operating sequences.
· Inspects all areas of the building(s) and reports deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvement
· Available for various shifts and to occasionally work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs.
· Project a positive appearance and attitude at all times. Demonstrate exemplary tenant relations, team spirit and respect of others.
· Assist in the monitoring of contractors, inspecting work and generating deficiency lists.
· Respond to after hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (e.g., snow, and ice removal), power outages and other situations including clean-up activities, if other contracted personnel are not available.
· Pursue employee development objectives recommended by Chief Engineer, Operations Manager or Property Manager.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Training and certification in HVAC or Operating Engineer technologies and/or job related training and experience
· 0-2 years of field experience or equivalent technical training
· Continuing education in field
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Ability to work independently with routine supervision
· Basic computer skills or ability to learn necessary skills to operate Building Automation Systems
· Familiarity with OSHA, NEC and NFC codes and regulations
- 2 years of field experience or equivalent technical training
- Ability to obtain license(s) for applicable jurisdiction and equipment:
· DC Properties-DC 6th Class Steam Engineer’s license
· Maryland Properties – 3rd Class Stationary Engineer’s License
· Virginia Properties – NIULPE 4th Class Engineer’s Certificate
· CFC training and certification or ability to obtain certification for the type of refrigerant serviced
· Regularly require to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks.
· Regularly require to talk and hear and occasionally require tasting and smelling.
· Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance and climb stairs and ladders.
· Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. and occasionally require lifting and/or moving up to 50 lbs.
· Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Internal and External Contacts:
· This position interacts extensively with tenants, vendors, and contractors, as well as other employees within Lincoln Property Company
· This position receives supervision and direction from the Lead Engineer, Chief Engineer or Operations Manager. In the absence of a supervising engineer, the Property Manager will provide supervision, direction and assistance to the Maintenance Engineer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance