WYLIE Consulting Engineers is looking for a Plumbing Designer with 6-7 years experience in building construction mechanical / plumbing design.
- Plumbing design concepts
- Engineering and CAD/REVIT drafting
- Advising Project Managers on plumbing and fire-protection design issues
- Supervising and mentoring less experienced plumbing designers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- AutoCAD and Revit knowledge
Candidate should have an active interest in personal growth and development
About Our Company:
WYLIE was established in 1988 and has grown steadily to a leading MEP engineering firm in Houston. Two reasons for this growth in a very competitive market are our commitment to both the quality of our designs and the responsiveness we offer our clients.
We believe that creativity, close communication, and a high level of technical capabilities are essential in this type of project. Creativity allows the design and construction team unusual approaches to problems. Close communications between the Owner, design team, and contractor is necessary to determine the impact, feasibility, and costs of proposed solutions. Finally, technical competence of both the design team and contractor is vital to the success of any project.
In 2005 WYLIE Consulting Engineers began to provide Commissioning (Cx) Services. WYLIE has since provided Cx services for a variety of commercial projects. WYLIE Commissioning works with all involved parties in a collaborative effort to develop and implement a systematic process to bring a higher level of assurance that the delivered project meets design intent and operational needs. We are proud of our Cx accomplishments and we believe that providing the best in commissioning services is a logical extension of the high quality engineering services we have provided to our Clients for more than twenty years.
In 2014, WYLIE expanded its services to include the Austin market by opening an office there. It was a major development in the CBD that initially made this a wise decision. Managing major projects with a local presence is always efficient and we now can support Austin as we have supported Houston.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- plumbing design: 7 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment