This Position is located in Janesville, WI. Relocation is available
SHINE Medical Technologies is immediately seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to assist in the design of nuclear and/or process systems from the ground up as part of a first of a kind nuclear pharmaceutical manufacturing plant.
This position offers the opportunity to perform a wide variety of different engineering activities.
- Relocation assistance
- Health and Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Parental Leave
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Finite element stress analysis of atmospheric tanks and structures
- Heat transfer hand calculations, including transient conduction and natural convection
- Support of prototyping activities, including design of test rigs
- Mass and energy balances of process systems
- Hydraulic analyses of piping systems and pump sizing
- Calculation of overpressure relieving rates and sizing of relief valves
- Explosion overpressure calculations
- Engineering specifications for process equipment including acceptance testing to code
- Selection of process equipment and instrumentation
- Seismic analyses of process skids
- Pressure vessel design following ASME code
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- 2 + years of experience designing nuclear and/or process systems
- 2+ years of experience in performing calculations.
- 2+ years of experience with design-based tools such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD or MicroStation.
- 2+ years of recent mechanical design engineering experience in highly regulated industries (Preferred).
- 2+ years of experience working with vendors on the design of equipment and fabrication (Preferred).
- 2+ years of experience with ASTM/ASME codes (Preferred).
- Knowledge of equipment such as pumps, heat exchangers, valves and control equipment is highly desired.
- Must be willing to undergo a background check and drug screen.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a critical component of innovation, which is fundamental to our success. Every member of the SHINE community benefits from the talents and experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we exercise, and from the responsibility we take for our actions.
Indeed Hire and SHINE Medical Technologies are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Design-based tools (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or MicroStation): 2 years (Required)
- ASTM/ASME codes: 2 years (Required)
- Mechanical design engineering: 2 years (Required)
- designing nuclear and/or process systems : 2 years (Required)
- Project/ Vendor Management : 1 year (Required)
- Janesville, WI (Required)
- Health insurance
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Relocation assistance