Our team of highly motivated software developers is expanding and looking for a developer with back-end chops who is excited to work on software that helps people save lives. We work with a wide range of clients within the public-safety sector who require intuitive, seamless workflows and highly reliable software. Our new developer should have a keen interest, along with experience working on back-end systems software and a desire to produce bold and innovative solutions. Candidates should have a background in software systems development and a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience.
InterTalk Critical Information Systems is an award-winning, leading-edge company in the field of electronic communications. Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia InterTalk designs, manufactures and sells electronic communications equipment to public safety agencies around the world. In addition, InterTalk's equipment is used by railroads, transit and electrical utility companies to ensure the safety of their employees and to handle day-to-day operations, logistics, planning and emergency situations.
Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, the Software Developer will be responsible for the following:
- Working cohesively on a team of software and systems developers and engineers building mission-critical communications products and services
- Contributing to software and hardware product design and development within the following areas: bug fixes, hardware verification testing, developing automated test frameworks, adding new software features to existing products and optimizing developer tools and frameworks
- Contributing to software quality through code-review of peer-submitted change-sets
- Attending all necessary software-development or engineering meetings
- Contributing to team efforts by completing related tasks as needed
- Working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance
- Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system
- Providing input to system testing and validation procedures
- Developing software and system documentation
- Supporting company policies and operations related to ISO9001 quality and ISO27001 data security standards
- All other related duties as required
- Practical experience with C, C++, Bash, PostgreSQL, Linux
- Familiarity with Python, Git, YAML, JIRA, Bamboo
- Software troubleshooting and debugging
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to multitask and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be team oriented
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline; or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of practical experience working with a software company
- Written and/or verbal French communication skills would be an asset
- Experience building mission-critical communications software would be an asset
- Amateur radio background would be an asset
InterTalk is an equal opportunity employer. If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your resume and a cover letter stating salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer.
Only applicants legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this opportunity.
Job Type: Contract
- software development: 3 years (Required)