Tokai Carbon GE has become one of the largest graphite electrode manufacturers in the world by continuously supplying high-performance graphite electrodes. As a pioneer in large diameter electrodes for large DC electric arc furnaces, and with a production capacity of over 100,000 tons each year, we have gained high recognition from our valued customers. Everything we do, everything we are is because we strive to be the graphite electrode supplier of choice.
We are looking for a Process Engineer to join our Ozark team to provide a strong level of understanding of the facility’s processes and products. Responsible for driving continuous improvements in the area of safety, quality, efficiency and costs for products and processes.
· Monitor processes to identify areas of opportunity for improvements in safety, quality, efficiency and cost.
· Perform, evaluate and report on process and product experimental testing.
· Monitor compliance to product specifications and manufacturing procedures.
· Perform root cause investigations for process/product non-conformances and identify appropriate corrective actions.
· Collaborate with department managers on projects and/or provide technical advice for processing or equipment parameters.
· Assist in training of new Process Engineers, Supervisors, Technicians, etc.
· Compose various reports (monthly, project, etc.).
· Comply with all State/Federal environmental regulations and reporting.
· Perform other duties as required that are in support of the site’s goals.
· Actively participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.
· Apply statistical process control (SPC) to process and product parameters.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· BS degree in Industrial, Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
· Experience working in an industrial or manufacturing environment preferred
· Co-op or internship in a manufacturing environment or engineering role is a plus
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
· Highly disciplined team player, with excellent analytical/problem solving skills and a strong work ethic
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret data
· Ability to apply structured problem solving methodologies
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks concurrently
· Ability to perform well in time constrained situations and meet deadlines
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and coworkers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Process Engineer: 3 years (Required)
- Ozark, AR 72949 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative