Software Engineer (Digital Experience)
25 Amica Way
Lincoln, RI 02888
Want to turn your IT expertise into customer solutions?
The feeling is Mutual.
- Utilize and maintain technical and applications expertise, including the use of technologies, tools, programming standards, established processes, and concepts necessary to develop quality IT solutions for the section’s primary areas of responsibility.
- Actively participate in activities associated with the Application Development Life Cycle including technical design sessions and developing well-architected technical solutions aligned with business objectives.
- Participate in QA activities, final inspection, reviews, audits, metrics data generation, collection, interpretation and submission.
- Involved with simultaneous IT projects on varying technology stacks. Monitors performance, debugs issues and fine-tunes processes to increase performance on an on-going basis.
- Proactively identifies problems, performs root cause analysis, investigates information and performs impact analysis; formulates and executes plans to develop solutions.
- Collaborate with team members as well as across teams, sections and business units to complete work in a timely manner.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to other IT personnel as well as provide coverage and support of production systems.
- Maintains and increases knowledge of applicable technologies, architecture, frameworks and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years' development experience or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Committed to continuous learning and increasing Java Developer skills.
- Quick learner; Self-motivated and self-directed in all aspects of the job particularly in the ability to research and self-teach.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to identify challenges and risks to the completion of work and effectively communicate those to the appropriate personnel.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate into software solutions.
- Experience working on multiple IT projects on varying technology stacks.
- Capable of completing routine work independently, conducting research and using appropriate problem-solving skills.
- Experience developing a cross-platform mobile application using React-Native, NativeScript, and/or Flutter for both iOS and Android.
- Two to three years’ experience using React-Native. Has developed React-Native Module for iOS and/or Android.
- Familiarity with the Swift and/or Kotlin languages.
- Experience working in an Agile environment preferred.
- Experience working with Java and Objective-C a plus.
Certain relocation benefits may apply.
Perks and Benefits:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days.
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous retirement benefits
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy:
All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability or sexual orientation. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.