- High school diploma or GED
- Stationary Engineer's License
- CDL B
- CDL A
- Computer skills
- Water treatment
Cover Letter, Resume
Temporary Boiler Operating Engineer
This is a temporary, on-call position. The number of hours worked each week will vary and not every week is guaranteed hours; there are 4 temporary, relief operating engineers who average 22 hours per week between them. The shifts include: days, nights, weekends and holidays.
The Relief Operating Engineer reports to the Chief Operating Engineer but works independently, operates high-pressure steam plant and centrifugal chillers and related equipment according to the laws of the State of Minnesota and standard boiler operating practices. The position responds to alarms and emergencies, reports equipment failure and changes in machinery status and conducts required inspections with documentation to ensure continuous operation for the entire college campus.
1. Performs safe and effective operation of steam plant and air conditioning chiller system as mandated by law using computer based control system.
2. Test water softeners; recharge chemical tanks and water softeners.
3. Report any unusual water test to the Chief Engineer.
4. Record all operating data on hourly logs; as required maintain shift log book; transfer all needed data to new log sheets.
5. Monitor Energy Management System computer & direct any alarms to proper department or person.
6. Perform heating plant inspection on a regular and continuous basis.
7. Maintain boiler room physical condition; i.e. paint, sweep, mop, etc.
8. Update relieving engineer of changes in plant status at change in shift. Notify Chief Engineer of significant changes as they occur.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of boilers and its equipment and system, air conditioning chillers and its
equipment, and all water treatment.
Skills necessary to perform minor mechanical repairs.
Attend seminars given by vendors regarding equipment operations.
Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
Ability to communicate effectively with the public as well as co-workers.
Ability to transfer incoming calls as needed to department as necessary.
High School Diploma or equivalent; First Class B Stationary Engineer License.
3+ years work experience with boiler operation and maintenance.
First Class A Operating Engineer License. Experience with all kinds of power and hand tools.
Criminal Background Check,Pre-employment Physical
Type of Position:
Staff - Part-time Temporary
Months per Year Position Will Work:
Open Until Filled:
Open Until Filled
To be determined by Chief Operating Engineer
Salary Hiring Range: