The Manufacturing Engineer II individual plans and designs manufacturing processes with existing product engineering activities and prioritizes work load. Provides technical support to all manufacturing and support departments. Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Design and implement manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation for disabilities may be made for one or more of the following:
- Analyze, design, and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Perform analysis and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
- Interfaces and coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Interfaces and coordinates with vendors/customers to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Interfaces and coordinates with sales, planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods and quality results.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Implement and process new parts and routines methods to be routed through applicable shops &/or departments.
- Develop (BOO) bill of operations, (BOM) bill of materials, and parts cost.
- Process tool design (fixtures) with use of computer assisted design applications and programs. • Re-engineer existing parts (machine tooling design & molding). • Participate on teams using quality control tools such as 8D, 5S, Kaizen, Lean, Six-Sigma (DMAIC), VSM, and Statistical Process Control (SPC) to reduce process variation and process improvement evaluation
- Identify and troubleshoot tools in assembly.
- Establish and maintain manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- Investigates manufacturing problems and recommends solutions.
- May be required to travels to customer facilities and other affiliates as required.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of ISO policies, procedures, and directives.
- Works with a certain degree of creativity and latitude as required.
- All employees are responsible for complying with the rules and regulations set forth by Federal, Local, and State government, LISI Aerospace, and HSE Procedures.
- All employees are responsible for attending all training provided and for adhering to all HSE procedures, policies, and plans, conforming to reporting requirements, and safe operating procedures at all times.
- All employees are required to bring any known or suspected nonconformance for all company procedures or legal requirements to management’s attention immediately.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve our HSE performance by establishing objectives and targets, measuring progress, and reporting our results.
- Implements and suggests waste elimination initiatives specifically related to the function and department such as EMS and recycling opportunities to elimination of production waste
- Performs a variety of other related duties as assigned.
Ways of working, Experience, and Behaviors To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses experience to complement data; understands the work flows and procedures.
- Technical Skills – Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly and production equipment..
- Oral and Written Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens intently to others and seeks clarification; Provides clear and pleasant responses to inquires regardless of the situation; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Places success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of team members.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities of self and others; Uses time efficiently; Plans for resources in a creative way only adding cost as absolutely necessary; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Supervisory Responsibilities No Supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering minimum 3 to 5 years related experience required and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Green Belt certified highly desired. Strong drafting skills, excellent problem solving skills and ability to work within a team. • Proficient Knowledge of statistical process control (SPC), Computer Assisted Design (CAD) and continuous improvement, Aerospace manufacturing
experience highly desired.
- Working experience of manufacturing environment procedures
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering applications
Language Skills Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract concrete variables.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Access, Computer assisted design (CAD/CAM) proficiency, ProE and AutoCAD experience or similar programs.
Certificates, licenses, registrations • Evidence of “US person” is required under ITAR
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH AND SAFETY
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time and walk and sit; requires eye-hand coordination, use hands hand movement and manual dexterity use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, listen and speak. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up bend, reach to shoulder level and lift, carrying, pushing and/or pulling to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Hearing level within normal/average range.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Safety and Environmental The responsibilities of the position include compliance with company and governmental safety, environmental and hazardous materials regulations and procedures. Employee will be required to wear personal safety equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection, or proper footwear PPE in specified areas.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.