Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
Job Description Summary
Associate Engineer – Systems (Endpoint Patching Engineer)
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
Maximus is seeking a Desktop System Endpoint Patching Engineer to join a team that is responsible for the administration, maintenance, monitoring and support of end point computing operations. The primary responsibilities of this position will be patch management, script creation, inventory/reporting, application deployments and client imaging through BigFix and SCCM. The candidate will also be required to deploy, implement patches, and remediate vulnerabilities that will improve the reliability, maintainability, and performance of the systems. This role will be both internal and client facing with remote and onsite support, as many sites have distribution points and Bigfix relays
- Apply security updates and patches using BigFix and Microsoft SCCM to 35000 endpoints on a monthly basis.
- Create and test custom software packages per customer request.
- Understand the configuration and management of Distribution Points and creating patching baselines to test in lower
- Tier III / High-Level Support for Ops Team on a 24/7 basis.
- Follow Operational Processes to Maintain Enterprise-Level (35K+ End-Points) Desktops in Active Directory.
- Manage deployment of all patches, critical updates and service packs on a timely basis according to Information
Security policy. Includes endpoints and may include servers
- Create / Update Systems Documentation and Operations Standards / Procedures.
- Distributed software and security updates via IBM BigFix Endpoint Manager and Microsoft SCCM
- Perform in-depth analysis on computer systems to ensure assets are compliant with Maximus Information Security
- Coordinate and synchronized with various IT dept on a weekly basis.
- Monitor Security Center and utilized IBM Endpoint Management Systems to proactively patching security updates.
- Develop PowerShell Script / BigFix Fixlet packages and SCCM task sequences to uninstall / install / updates software
- Ensure correct installation, configuration, use and maintenance of the IBM Bigfix Clients and Microsoft SCCM Platform
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required, equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree
- At least two (2) years of related experience required
- Able to acquire 6C security clearance
- Intermediate level experience troubleshooting server issues and diagnosing root cause of issue.
- Ensure correct installation, configuration, use and maintenance of the Microsoft SCCM Platform and BigFix endpoint
- Create and Manage application deployment objects for new and existing software.
- Monitoring the status of all the relays and coordinating with Senior BF Admin if relays were unreachable\unavailable.
- Assist with creating Boundary and Boundary Groups.
- Work with IT teams with communications related to content/patch distribution.
- Maintain ongoing communications with support teams regarding application issue resolution and general workstation
- Develop Corporate / Divisional IT Documentation
- Maintain Patching Packaging Standards / Desktop Standards / OS Patches 3rd party patching compliance etc.
- Implement / Support Security Policies / Audits - Troubleshoot / Resolve Security Permissions Issues.
- Interface with Systems Admins to improve Operational Processes, Standards, etc.
- Troubleshooting software package deployments
- Perform DISA STIG check and requested GPO.
- Distribute software and security updates via IBM Endpoint Manager and Microsoft SCCM
- Experience with Windows and Linux Cent OS
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and good analytical skills
Ability to sit for up to 80% of time
Ability to lift or carry objects up to 20 lbs.
Frequent use of computer, telephone, and office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate and contribute in SDLC activities such as solution design, work effort estimation, assisting peers with technical challenges and code reviews.
- Perform production support activities such as monitor system processes, evaluate the outcome of system processes, work through system exceptions, and create processes to monitor and report on the overall system health.
- Work with the supervisor to understand the assigned work, deliver on agreed upon dates and raise issues/risks in a timely manner in case of risk to deliverables.
- Create/modify artifacts and deliverables expected from the SDLC and change management process.
- Propose, design, and implement updates or improvements to processes and infrastructure hardware such as network devices, servers and workstations.
- Responsible for adhering to all established safety standards.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Occasionally lift, carry, or otherwise move items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires Bachelor's degree related to the assigned work with little to no experience in discipline.
- Works on problems of limited scope.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Builds stable working relations internally.
- Entry level position within field.
Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.