Berenyi, Inc. has an immediate career opportunity for a Structural Engineer in our Charleston, South Carolina office.
Primary responsibilities will include;
· Work in a team setting with other structural team members and disciplines to work on a variety of structural projects across our market sectors
· Will work under the direct supervision and mentoring of several licensed structural engineers
· Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile
· Must have the ability to travel with some limited overnights
· Must be able to climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating
· Must be able to wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites
· Berenyi Inc. is a licensed general contractor and applicants will be expected to assist in managing construction projects from the office and the field.
· Degree in Civil Engineering with a structural engineering emphasis
· Master's in structural engineering is preferred but not required
· Minimum 3 years of experience working as a structural designer
· PE License is preferable, but not required.
· Must be able to sit for the South Carolina PE exam once required experience has been obtained
· Must be able to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with RISA structural analysis programs, Autodesk AutoCAD, and Revit is desired
· Career minded, proactive, critical thinking problem solver with a desire to grow professionally as we continue to grow our company.
· Willing to think outside the box and explore creative solutions to complex problems.
· Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension skills; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes constructive feedback; contributes to building a positive commitment to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed, team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group
· Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; upholds organizational values.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Salary commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Risa & AutoCAD: 3 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)