Bio-based materials are part of a revolution that will help us build a more sustainable and satisfying life. They are renewably sourced without compromising performance or value. DuPont Biomaterials is continuing our heritage of leadership in sustainable materials innovation as we bring world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace, focused on partnerships with forward-thinkers to promote the new bio economy.
DuPont Biomaterials is recruiting for a Process Development Engineer with chemical process development experience to join the furanic technology platform team, specifically for manufacturing process developments. This role is located at the Experimental Station Labs, Wilmington, DE.
As a Process Development Engineer, you will be responsible for leading and driving forward key technology areas related to the commercialization of our furanic technology platform. You will be responsible for defining process options, designing and executing experimental plans, analyzing and presenting results, coordinating work with the larger project team, updating the technical and business teams regarding progress, documenting learnings to transfer technology for commercial design (e.g., participating in the preparation of a basic data package), and working with other engineers to scale up and design the commercial plant. The immediate project requires the design and data collection from both a pilot plant and semi-works scale process, along with documentation and analysis necessary to enable commercial scale-up and design.
This role will involve working collaboratively with experts internally and externally. Candidates must have a strong sense of accountability for their work, function well in team environments, and conduct their work safely and efficiently.
Minimal Required Qualifications:
- A M.S. or Ph.D. degree in chemical engineering, or B.S. with equivalent level of experience
- At least 5+ years of Industrial experience
- Demonstrated expertise in the operation of lab and semi-works scale unit operations including reactors and separation devices
- Prior experience in the design and operation of integrated thermochemical pilot plant(s) with products including basic data for commercial process design
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop and execute research plans, including experimental design and documentation
- Strong data analysis skills, with demonstrated ability to interpret experimental results and formulate next steps/technical solutions
- Strong writing and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate research and process developments internally and externally
- Result-oriented mentality; drives to conclusions
- Dedication to safe operations with demonstrated ability to contribute to and strengthen the safety culture in various operational environments.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage through influence
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a growing, dynamic, and changing business environment
- Experienced with effectively interfacing with joint development partners and customers in both a one-on-one setting as well as interactions with larger groups
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong preference for significant prior experience in the development and scale up of catalytic thermochemical processes converting biomass to value-added chemicals
- Technical service experience is desirable
- Understanding of melt polymerization processes is desirable, but not essential
- Travel required (including international travel) to engage locally with extended teams
- This role requires a commitment of 3-5 years
- NA-United States-Delaware-Wilmington
- Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)