You know our brands, The Laughing Cow, Babybel, Boursin, Kaukauna, Merkts and Price's, which elicit
smiles across America. They are daring, responsible and deliver dairy goodness. As you imagine, this
mindset is contagious! Bel Brands USA is part of an international family company, which has led an
ambitious growth strategy for 150 years and is today the world's third largest branded cheese company. If
like our 12,000 employees globally, you want to have an impact in an entrepreneurial and demanding
company, and share smiles around the world, dare to live the Bel experience!
Bel Brands is seeking a qualified Engineering Senior Project Manager to help assist the growth of Bel
Brands in its North American market. This position is expected to be based from our Brookings SD USA
At Bel Brands, Engineering Senior Project Managers are assigned to several plants. They may be a
specialist in one or more cheese technologies (Platform) to which they are attached. They coordinate all
the projects in their area. In the engineering world, they are generalist who act as an integrator, who is
responsible for helping the factories meet the objectives, performance, cost, and deadlines of the
Engineering (Platform) Senior Project Manager, which reports to the Head of the Engineering, have the
following responsibilities for the plants in their assigned area:
Assist the plants in defining investment needs and drawing up master plans and investment
requests to be submitted to the Bel group's investment committee.
- Work with local management teams to evaluate and challenge to optimize resources (Human,
CAPEX, OPEX, ETP, ...)
- Prepare with the sites, the CAPEX budgets year N+1 (+2 and 3) in the framework defined by the
- Monitor cash reporting, commitments, provisions and payments for the following years: N-1 / N /
- Work with local management to propose process and equipment improvements aligned with
Company policy related to the environment and the safety of property and people.
- Ensure that projects within their scope are carried out in compliance with Bel Group's safety rules,
deadlines, costs, standards and compliance, quality, and environmental standards.
- Enable and facilitate cross-functional exchange (business skills) within the engineering department
and between all stakeholders within their scope (internal and external). This will include Finance, Supply
Chain, HR, Legal, Purchasing and others.
- Assist/train site teams on the implementation of the project management method and EEM tools on
site. Protect the technological advancement of Bel and are open to new achievements and advance
outside the company.
- Develop and lead group strategic projects as necessary determined by Engineering leadership.
- Be a leader and example for Project Management to local teams.
- Oversee local Engineering progress and support monthly investment reviews.
- Have working understanding of PMO, USDA, FDA, and other relevant GMP practices for the
creation of safe and quality dairy products.
- Assist or lead the creation of technical specifications, vendor selection, FAT, SAT, and final
installation on key projects or as defined by group priority.
- The Engineering Senior Project Manager should have good interpersonal skills, experience leading
teams and or vendors to ensure vertical, successful startups.
25/05/2022 17:07 Job Description Print Preview
The missions to be carried out, within the framework of a project-based organization will therefore be:
- Budget responsibility may vary, depending on current or exceptional projects
- Direct / indirect supervised staff: 1 to 10 Project managers (internal / external)
- International Perimeter Zone with 3-6 plants under their responsibility
- Supervised suppliers: 5 to 20 variables depending on the projects
Minimum level of training and/or professional experience required:
- Senior Project Manager, Engineering school graduate with 8 or more years of experience
- Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or other food related disciplines are preferred.
- Corporate engineering or on-site
o CAPEX portfolio management or project management >5-10Meuros
- Experience in Financial Justifications, P&L and understanding of Plant Operations budgets.
- Development of new processes or equipment in close collaboration with R&I and Marketing.
Specific skills preferred (foreign languages, software, technical know-how, etc.):
Leadership / Relationship:
- Project Management
- English as main language is preferred but not necessary, French is a plus!
Be able to promote standards, the application of project management
processes and the group's strategic plans.
- Ability to cooperate on all levels in a factory from shop floor to management.
- Ability to lead, engage and develop direct and indirect teams.
- To be able to develop a global and synthetic vision of all projects.
- Know how to identify and implement the resources necessary for the project;
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Bel Brands is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status or any other basis protected by
applicable federal, state, or local laws. Bel Brands also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees
based on any of these protected categories. It is also Bel Brand’s policy to comply with all applicable
federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Bel Brands is committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you
need an accommodation or assistance in using the website, please call 605-937-5477