Our nutrition business develops science-based nutritional products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest lives.
Our location in Columbus, OH, currently has an opportunity for a Data Engineer, Research Scientist. In Research & Development (R&D) our ambition is providing innovative high-quality products, creating sustainable value, delivering superior user experience and enhancing health outcomes at all stages of life.
Main Purpose of Role
This position is positioned to address increasing PR&D business needs for maintaining data security and performing advanced analytics, such as leveraging AI technology to improve the PR&D innovation process.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Create advanced data models to address R&D use cases, such as predicting and preventing product defects using machine learning AI.
· Create and maintain a standardized data dictionary to communicate data across the organization.
· Translate technical requirements between R&D and IT for implementing process automation.
· Work with IT to execute data ETL (extract, transform, load) from source systems into quality data marts within MS Azure.
· Distribute data from source systems, such as AS400 and LIMS, into PLM and manufacturing systems, such as DevEx and InfinityQS (ProFicient).
· Apply scientific knowledge on data modeling, data analytics, predictive algorithms, and other data science principles to create concepts, develop prototypes and generate insight from data.
· Create and implement machine learning algorithms and advanced statistics such as: regression, time-series forecasting, clustering, decision trees, exploratory data analysis methodology, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, optimization, unstructured data analysis, and neural networks
· As necessary, cleanse data for future data analytics activities.
Minimum Education/Professional Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably related to Data Science, Business Analytics, Math, or Computer Science
· PhD in Computer Science or equivalent, 7+ year(s) of Abbott experience
· Experience in creating and implementing machine learning algorithms and advanced statistics such as: regression, time-series forecasting, clustering, decision trees, exploratory data analysis methodology, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, optimization, unstructured data analysis, and neural networks
· Strong work ethic, self-motivated and internally driven
· Excellent project management skills
· Experience leading organizations to new adopting new analytical applications
WHAT WE OFFER
- At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity. Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Abbott Invented the Binox Covid19 Test - Abbott tests weekly on-site
- Computer science: 7 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location